Watch out for Ripcaster.co.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScubaDrunk

Established Member
Reaction score
Just a heads up

I ordered the Popcornhour from Ripcaster.co.uk online on Sunday 25th as there website is showing these items "In Stock"

I then received the following email after i emailed them Monday afternoon asking for the tracking number

Hello Paul,

Unfortunately our shipment (which was due on Friday) has been delayed and your order will not ship until Wednesday for delivery on Thursday.

I am sorry for the extended delay in fulfilling your order. Normally we turn things around very quickly. If it helps, we can ship to your work address?

We use City Link and a tracking number will come out to you on the day before delivery (any time up until 7pm).

The parcel will be trackable from 8pm that evening.

Once again, please accept my apologies for the delay.

Many thanks,

Anna Robinson

I have emailed them today asking for the tracking number once again and have received no response as yet.

I have also tried ringing the number constantly and have left a messege but still no response or call back.

WHY if they DO NOT have them in stock do they trick us into beliving they are "In Stock" on there website. https://www.ripcaster.co.uk/node/329

If they have the know how too build a website like they have, then i'm sure they have the know how to modify it to show "Out Of Stock" in which case i would have ordered from elsewhere that has them in stock

Just thought a heads up to people on here was justified.

Topboy

not getting stock from a supplier probably p1sses ripcaster off more than you...

you will always get positve and negative views on sites.

if you are unsure ask call them up and say do you have any in stock - if they say yes ask them to pick it up and shake it so u can hear it :)

using addwords from google i can see:
LE Concepts - lcd and plasma tv online retailer

and Network Media Players both with stock.

Give them a call to confirm if u wish to order its what i always do :) i expect most websites update stock lvl's at the end of the day as the cart is online and the order processing happens locally so you probably download orders (normally at the next day delivery cut off period) then that updates the carts stock lvl's
..well thats how some work

not getting stock from a supplier probably p1sses ripcaster off more than you...

you will always get positve and negative views on sites.

if you are unsure ask call them up and say do you have any in stock - if they say yes ask them to pick it up and shake it so u can hear it :)

using addwords from google i can see:
LE Concepts - lcd and plasma tv online retailer

and Network Media Players both with stock.

Give them a call to confirm if u wish to order its what i always do :) i expect most websites update stock lvl's at the end of the day as the cart is online and the order processing happens locally so you probably download orders (normally at the next day delivery cut off period) then that updates the carts stock lvl's
..well thats how some work

If this were the case how come it's been showing in stock since sunday and has been like that every day, but in the email they sen me it says they wont take delivery until today?

And today has arrived and has nearly gone (business hours wise) and its till showing in stock and still no phone call or email from them.

Time to get onto the bank i think and block them from taking the money...seems very sus to me

i think u are reading to much into it.. :) cancel and order from somewhere else is my advice

Maybe Maybe not...my point was to make people aware who order from this website that all is not as advertised

So please beware
well u dont sound happy to the extent u will call ur bank..yet its coming hopefully very soon and they offered to send it to work so u get it quicker.
i think they did ok and u should relax knowing u get a new toy soon..

I ordered 2 Popcorns off them for myself and my brother.
All went ok with next day delivery. Lucky :D

Maybe Maybe not...my point was to make people aware who order from this website that all is not as advertised

So please beware

Thanks Topboy its nice that you told us as i was thinking of getting one of these from them so if i cannot phone the order then i will look elsewhere...when i order something i want it when they say not to be mess about...

Thanks Carl:thumbsup:

Here is an update

I got a call from Ripcaster.co.uk and they said that the order they were expecting had been sent elsewhere.

I have now had an email from them saying the order has shipped and will be with me tomorrow

However i would recommend phoning this company to place an order in the future rather than relying on the website as there stock order system does not update the website.

Cheers

I ordered on Saturday 24th and am still waiting. I emailed yesterday checking on progress and was told the delay was due to DHL shipping to the wrong address, it has since turned up and will be shipped via next day delivery to arrive either today (Thursday 29th) or tomorrow (Friday 30th).

I did have an email 5pm yesterday to say its been shipped. Lets hope it arrives today :lease:

I'm a little sympathetic to Ripcaster in this case but generally I'm also completely intolerant to false descriptions of stock levels on websites. When I ordered my Samsung LCD TV I didn't go with the cheapest supplier I went with the ones who claimed to have it in stock, who took my money then informed me they had no stock :mad:

EDIT: Just tracked the parcel via city-link and it was loaded into a van 6am this morning. Things are looking good! :thumbsup:

FURTHER EDIT: Its arrived! :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Must admit I've got mixed views on ripcaster. On the one hand, they've been very helpful in terms of telephone advice (Anna), on the other they say they have stock on the website when clearly they don't. I ordered a HDX-1000 2 weeks ago, and throughout that time it's been showing as "in stock" on the website when they didn't have any. I cancelled my order as I'd sorted my popcorn hour issues, then I find out yesterday ripcaster have shipped a HDX to me! Even though it's going straight back, 2 weeks from order to despatch when it's been showing in stock all the time is pretty poor imho.

They're a bit expensive, but phone them up and you'll likely find them very helpful....just don't rely on the website imho.

Must admit I've got mixed views on ripcaster. On the one hand, they've been very helpful in terms of telephone advice (Anna),

Agreed. I spoke for quite a while to Anna and she was very knowledgeable. But that was where my experience with Ripcaster started and finished. I didn't get a follow up email as promised and no reply to a subsequent one. My quest for a media streaming upgrade fell at the first hurdle. I have now moved on to Tranquil.

Apologies to any customers who have experienced delays with their Popcorn and HDX-1000 orders. We try to provide accurate information on the website regarding stock availability.

Our inbound stock was delayed a number of times and we expected to have sufficient stock to cover sales over the weekend.

Our stock physically arrived to us on Wednesday at 17:00. We managed to ship all diskless Popcornhour and HDX-100 orders on Wednesday for delivery today Thursday.

All 500GB and 1TB Popcornhour and HDX-1000 orders have been shipped today for delivery tomorrow.

We try our best. Sometimes we get it wrong and unexpected delays can happen.

As others have indicated - if you need something especially quickly or have a specific deadline – or need advice for product selection - please give us a call or an email.

Please note we do not charge your card until we dispatch the goods.

Thanks to all AVForums members you for your continued custom.

My advice to Ripcaster is simple.

If you can say it on the phone, say it on your website. Then you won't get any more threads like this.

My advice to Ripcaster is simple.

If you can say it on the phone, say it on your website. Then you won't get any more threads like this.

I have to admit that i was very disapointed that the website is so misleading regarding stock levels....I might be wrong but I think it's against the law to mislead consumers in this way RE.. Advertising somthing you dont have Like In Stock when its Out of Stock...Sales and Goods Act...i'll check later

However Anna was extremely helpful and polite whilst i was talking to her on the phone.

I too have to agree that the website is going to let them down regarding the lack of dynamically showing stock levels correctly.

Shame as I would have used them again for further purchases

Last edited:
chill out folk..chinese new year has delayed things and couriers etc arent the best of co.s to deal with but you have no choice. Atleast they had the decency to tell you of any delay.

Good one :lesson:.:nono::nono:

I think people are going of track regarding this thread.

The point is to make people aware that they have products showing on their website as "In Stock" when in fact they might not have them "In Stock".

There is a poster in this thread that ordered somthing and had to wait 2 weeks for the item to arrive because Ripcaster never had it "In Stock", however during the 2 weeks wait the website showed it as "In Stock" for the whole 2 weeks.

My point is don't rely on the website for stock quantities, ring them up instead.

As this was the first time i had used Ripcaster, i foolishly thought if the website says "In Stock" that means that the company have it "In Stock".

Yes i understand they had some problems with couriers in this instance, however in the 4 days wait for the item the website still showed "In Stock" whereas i think it should have been updated for other people to show "Temporarily Out Of Stock"

I think people are going of track regarding this thread.

:mad:

Not at all. I was merely responding to Ripcaster saying to email them if you need advice on product selection and the fact that they don't reply to ones emails !

Where do you think they are made?

Chinese New Year was Monday, I ordered on Saturday and received Thursday. So following my order on Saturday the Chinese didn't manufacture their parts on Monday, instead did it on the Tuesday, ready for final assembly in the US on Wednesday, and delivery to me on Thursday... damn, thats a hell of a turn around :eek:

Sorry for the sarcasm but I'm not sure how else to respond to that :confused:

Chinese New Year was Monday, I ordered on Saturday and received Thursday. So following my order on Saturday the Chinese didn't manufacture their parts on Monday, instead did it on the Tuesday, ready for final assembly in the US on Wednesday, and delivery to me on Thursday... damn, thats a hell of a turn around :eek:

Sorry for the sarcasm but I'm not sure how else to respond to that :confused:

No problem. It is the lowest form of wit after all, but hey.

It stands to reason that because there is such a high demand that these parts are leaving Chinese sweat-shops as soon as they leave the production line, so a few days holiday will ultimately delay shipments arriving on these shores.

You questioned UK 'productivity' hence my quip. Apologies for the offence though, I realise the hurt a few days wait for one of these devices can cause. </sarcasm>

Issues here were caused by DHL sending Ripcaster's delivery to the wrong address. These units were in the UK well before CNY.

Had no intention to quip at UK productivity and never would. I questioned as to how CNY could be behind a UK (branch of a) courier company mistake... which of course it couldn't.

To counter this thread I've been pretty pleased with Ripcaster's service. A slight delay but I was kept well informed. Advertising false stock levels is probably a little naughty but I'm sure Ripcaster know their stock levels and know a supply is usually reliably available, a few days due to courier cockups is nothing really (but I think we've all been burned before and assume the worst). Offering a phone number from the front page is a pretty rare thing for a retail website these days!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom