Why do we put up with PSN store prices?

• It's ok as the Xbone store prices are even higher

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • They are gold digging rip off merchants but I can't be arsed to go to town

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

spookydarren

PSN now has the prices for WD up in the store. You can get either the Classic Version for £60 or the Digital Deluxe for £65. Considering you can get the Classic version from Game (hardly the cheapest site) for £47 PSN have really outdone themselves. I don't know if you have seen this chart but it shows every possible version and their bonus packs. Having saved my PSN credit for WD I was always tempted by the Season Pass for the extra SP campaign. Looking at this chart the only real value is the buy the cheapest version possible and the season pass which has ALL the extra content.

Bit naughty I thought, hope this helps someone out as the chart was taken down off the web fairly quickly.

7LK.jpg

Miss Mandy

Isn't £55-60 their standard price for digital games though?

spookydarren

Well I did "only" pay £50 for the last AAA title for Second Son, can't believe WD should be a tenner more. Strange to think that I might end up paying £76 for the game + Season Pass.

Cosmic Rooster

I've just pre-ordered the Digital Deluxe Edition from the store for a total cost to me of £53.79 which I'm more than happy with. I've been buying all my PS4 games through the store, pricing becomes far more reasonable if you shop around for decent discounts on store credit.

Det

Distinguished Member
I'm debating picking up Wolfenstein digitally, even though everything in my body is telling me to go physical.

It just looks like so much fun and perhaps a game I'll play over and over again. ARGGGHHHH!!!

Cha1ky

Distinguished Member
I'm debating picking up Wolfenstein digitally, even though everything in my body is telling me to go physical.

It just looks like so much fun and perhaps a game I'll play over and over again. ARGGGHHHH!!!
You won't. Get physical if you are as you'll end up trading it.

Miss Mandy

I've just pre-ordered the Digital Deluxe Edition from the store for a total cost to me of £53.79 which I'm more than happy with. I've been buying all my PS4 games through the store, pricing becomes far more reasonable if you shop around for decent discounts on store credit.

The trouble with this system is that it is exactly what stops digital pricing becoming competitive. Sony will see that people are paying £60 for games so they'll keep them at £60. I'm all for going digital, but I'm not prepared to pay £50-60 for a title I can get for £39 on disc. I could spend time hunting around for cheaper credit I suppose, but to me even with the savings made there, its still too expensive.
Also as mentioned above they've already been selling titles for £50 so why the increase anyway?

SeeNoWeevil

As per the WD thread, it's around £9 more expensive to go digital which is pretty much on my limit of acceptable (I hate discs way more than the average person) There's a lot of politics involved in digital distribution, it's not as straightforward as it appears.

I think streamed movies are worse personally. £4.75 odd for a single viewing of a HD film in comparison to say, £8 for unlimited blu-rays by post seems more out of whack than games.

Stinja

Distinguished Member
Asda has Watch Dogs for £44: Watch Dogs - PS4 - Part of our gaming range at ASDA Direct
I'm guessing it's only going to get cheaper...

As for the general discussion of digital prices: Still too expensive compared to PC and physical discs, and until they align that it will come down to an individuals priority of convienence vs cost.

I bought Second Son, as price was similar and i wanted to see an exclusive PS4 next-gen game, ditto i don't mind smaller games (Transistor, Dead Nation, Res0gun etc).
But i will think carefully on digital £60 games, vs saving £15+ on physical,as i am not impatient to play anything, and dont really care about popping in a disc or not.

addyb

Distinguished Member
Yeah big difference in prices. People in pc land have been getting WD for £22. £60 for psn version is well OTT.

Stockpile Thomas

Distinguished Member
I can (and have) stomached £50 but the Watch Dogs pricing crossed a line for me and so I've left it. The result - no sale for Ubisoft. Maybe they'll get the message on this one.

PlaybookHero

I got drunk and bought it digital but to be fair its a game I'll play for a year probably. £65 for a game like this is worth it I reckon. And I don't have to mess about changing discs to load it up.bonus.

No way would I pay more for a game like wolfenstein on digital. Short play time with no sell on? No thanks!

jwalsh82

Only game I have bought digitally is ACIV. It was super cheap due to the Summer deal and upgrade from PS3 offer.

Other than that I think the online prices are a complete rip off. If PS did proper sales it would make sense to buy games at that time but for me - they are just too high with no resale value.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom