• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Watch 2 different channels at the same time

D

Deleted member 45086

Is it possible to watch a recorded program on sky in one room then watch normal sky in the other room.

i guess probably not but any help would be great.

thanx to all

Starburst

Distinguished Member
You guess correctly.
SKY+ only has a single video stage linked to a single decoder, very short sighted of SKY (from a viewers perspective).
Of course this helps to promote their multiroom offer:)

I am assuming you don't mean record SKY onto video the watch the video in the other room while someone watched SKY in the other, have to ask:)

If you don't mind paying an additional £10 a month then the multiroom deal is pretty good (phone requirments taken into account) but it depends a lot on how much subscription telly you watch.
It could be better value to have Freeview or a FTV Dsat system in the other room with SKY+ as your main source being TVlinked to the second location.

SLIM

Established Member
Yes it is possible all you nead is a twin lmb. I have 1 it's 1 lmb with 2 cable's sockits

B

Bluevanman

Slim, a twin lnb will not do what neuty wanted. With only one box it doen't matter how many outputs the lnb has got, the box will only show one channel.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom