Wasteland 3

Goooner

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Anyone else tried this? Just dropped on GamePass

Started it last night, it’s like a top down RPG type thing with X-Com style turn based combat.

Voice acting seems ok, but some of the people talk so slow :)

No idea if there’s a Wasteland 1 & 2.

Anyone else tried this? Just dropped on GamePass

Started it last night, it’s like a top down RPG type thing with X-Com style turn based combat.

Voice acting seems ok, but some of the people talk so slow :)

No idea if there’s a Wasteland 1 & 2.
There is a Wasteland 1&2 and they are also on Gamepass, i tried W3 earlier and then uninstalled it on the first mission.

It’s certainly no X-com, I’ve enjoyed what I’ve played so far though, I’ve basically just got as far as the bit where you get your base and are then left to your own devices.

The beauty of GP, you get to try all these things, without costing you anything if they don’t do it for you.

It’s certainly no X-com, I’ve enjoyed what I’ve played so far though, I’ve basically just got as far as the bit where you get your base and are then left to your own devices.

The beauty of GP, you get to try all these things, without costing you anything if they don’t do it for you.
We used to get demos for free. :laugh:

Yeah, them were the days, getting a floppy disc taped to the front of a pc mag :laugh:

Wasteland 3 didn't last much beyond the 1st encounter. I'll come back when (if?) its finished

I count Fallout 1 and 2 among the best games I have ever played. Ultimately I was left cold by Wasteland 2 on the PC - very much a game of 2 halves. The first half, the one they spent time on and that was part of the early access, was very good - the second half ? well that felt knocked out in a couple of weeks

Also it was too easy - I equipped my team with a couple of Snipers and didn't struggle at all in any of the encounters

Wasteland 3 just felt "cheap" - I know I can't complain as its free on Game Pass, but it looked bad and felt bad

Character creation felt wrong - Don't let me customise all these features and then make me choose a portrait that has no resemblance of my character !

Even the character creation screen seemed "bugged" with the top most skill / quirk never coming back on screen once scrolled down

Then the game just looked bad. Old and dated.
It really didn't feel finished at all

Yeah, have to agree about it looking old and dated.

I’d never heard of it until it popped up on GP, so wasn’t expecting much.

One thing did annoy me, when you get to the base, there’s a raised platform with a big computer thing on it, can’t be more than a virtual foot high, yet your team can’t even step off the edge, you have to walk all the way to the steps to get off it!

Will see how it pans out. I remember loving The Outer Worlds for a few hours until I realised it wasn’t great.

Yeah, have to agree about it looking old and dated.

I’d never heard of it until it popped up on GP, so wasn’t expecting much.

One thing did annoy me, when you get to the base, there’s a raised platform with a big computer thing on it, can’t be more than a virtual foot high, yet your team can’t even step off the edge, you have to walk all the way to the steps to get off it!

Will see how it pans out. I remember loving The Outer Worlds for a few hours until I realised it wasn’t great.
I loved The Outer Worlds, but that's like you say why Gamepass is so good, you can try the games and if you don't like them forget them with little lost.

It was the endless loading in Outer Worlds that did it for me, just about everywhere you went, you had a loading screen.

Outer Worlds also annoyed me
I was wanting a proper sequel to Fallout / Fallout New Vegas (no Fallout 4, you don't count !!)

Outer Worlds started off very promising, but, it soon let me down

Im very much someone who completes all the side quests and hunts all the secrets in an RPG - problem was, by doing this I hit the level cap way way before getting through the main quest

So I had no real incentive other than to just ignore everything and just finish the game. This again was no problem, just very simple shooting and easy to pass charisma based challenges

Played a bit more now and don’t see me playing too much more.

Certainly wouldn’t mind playing 1 & 2 again, would take a lot to get me anywhere near the third one again :)

I have completed the first 4 missions, I havent played a wastelands game before so this was a chucked in at deep-end experience with no real tutorials to guide you. I think its decent enough but still early doors. The initial reviews seem positive enough and I havent played anywhere near enough to give a full opinion but it looks definitely designed with PC in mind as its very interface and menu driven while there is also a few bugs and glitches in those menus as well.

This is the first wasteland game I've played, got to say I'm really enjoying it, much more than I thought I would. Probably put about 15-20 hours in so far. The only annoying thing for me is loading times and it needs a fast travel to avoid more annoying loading times as you expand the map.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom