waste of time?

12 promises

Prominent Member
Reaction score
isnt this forum a bit of a waste of time since the guys in the know dont/wont give away any real practicle help to those who want to try a bit of diy?

12 promises,

If you read back on this forum I think that you will find that many of those who are doing ISF (and HAA) calibration on a professional basis have given significant help to forum members who wish to go down the DIY route.

What is it that you want help with?

12 promises,

If you read back on this forum I think that you will find that many of those who are doing ISF (and HAA) calibration on a professional basis have given significant help to forum members who wish to go down the DIY route.

What is it that you want help with?

thanks piers for the offer.
nothing required at the moment.
i have read through the forum and my feeling is that some answers always seem to stop short of what the member is looking for.
i appreciate that some of the professionals do their best and that they have invested significant monies to obtain their qualification but the diyer really poses no threat to their livelyhoods.
just my general impression of this forum.
no insult or malice intended.:)

12 promises,

I'm a guy from holland, I'll gladly help you(where I can). Not a threat to my livelyhood obviously.

But it's kinda hard doing so from my location. Without info on your equipment.

Every ISF job is different in my experience, and very difficult to judge over the internet.

Dimitri

I think the issue isn't that we dont want to help folk it's more that we get fed up repeating ourselves and have to balance time spent giving free advice against time spent trying to make a living.

I've been here for 8 yrs. In that time the forum has grown exponentially and we are now at the point where the same questions get asked over and over again regularily. The answers are usually all on the forum in the archives if they are looked for. I've written alot about calibration procedures for DIY-ers and I have given detailed advice via PM and email to many.

I don't visit this section of the forums that much as I am usually reading the sections that are specific to TV's, projectors and scalers. As the forum grows and gets spread out in to these sub sections it becomes much more time consuming to keep up with relevant posts. Back in the begginging I would click a button that let me see all updated threads that day. I would then post on each one that was interesting to me. That button disappeared about 4 or 5 years ago

i agree that it would help if members do a search first before posting .
please be assured that i am not having a pop at you guys.
it just seems to me that a sub forum for diyers would be a bit of an advantage.
i appreciate however that there may not be a vast ammount of members who are interested enough to "play" around with this.
for me its just another side of my hobby which interests me and my thirst for knowledge takes over.:)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom