Quantcast

Wasn't "Kill Bill" Tarantinos FIFTH film?

Jon Weaver

Distinguished Member
From memory, I think that Kill Bill is billed as being Quentin Tarantinos 4th film.

But isn't it his fifth?

From memory, he has done.

From Dusk Until Dawn
Reservoir Dogs
Jackie Brown
Pulp Fiction.

Which of these is he distancing himself from and why??

Jon

Jon Weaver

Distinguished Member
Sorry.. Think I have worked it out.. Tarantino didn't Direct "From Dusk Until Dawn", he was credited for "Writing" it!

Jon

Miyazaki

Novice Member
He also directed 'Four Rooms' and has produced and written for several others such as 'Natural Born Killers'.

Mr.D

Distinguished Member
Well four rooms is a port manteau piece ( he only directed one part of it).

He did direct another film prior to Reservoir Dogs( it did nothing and I can't even remember the title) I think but he doesn't acknowledge it. So Kill Bill is in fact his 5th film.

CrispyXUK

Tony Scott Directed True Romance

PoochJD

Hi,

Okay, as a reasonably big fan of QT, I shall try to finalise this question.

To date, QT has DIRECTED:

- Kill Bill: Vol. 2 (2004)
- Kill Bill: Vol. 1 (2003)
- Jackie Brown (1997)
- Pulp Fiction (1994)
- Reservoir Dogs (1992)

So technically, "Kill Bill" is his 4th film directing. The one film he disowns, is his original premiere "My Best Friends Birthday" made in 1987, but as this was never officially released to cinemas, and msot of the footage has long been deleted, QT doesn't count it anymore.

He has also contributed either acting, technical assistance, film-geek knowledge and fan-assistance, script, production, or semi-directorial duties to...

Once Upon a Time in Mexico
Dogma
Seul contre tous
Jackie Chan: My Story
Full Tilt Boogie: "Behind The Scens of From Dusk Till Dawn"
Alias
Saturday Night Live
The Golden Girls
"ER" (Season 1 - Motherhood)
Crimson Tide - script-rewrites
Natural Born Killers - script
Desperado
True Romance
Iron Monkey (1993)
From Dusk Till Dawn 3: The Hangman's Daughter
From Dusk Till Dawn 2: Texas Blood Money
Curdled
Four Rooms
Killing Zoe

Does this answer the question?! :D

Pooch

hemp3

Novice Member
No its his fifth film officialy in that he has directed, on his own, "My Best Friend's Birthday". He tries to distance himself from that one because its not like his latter work i.e. any good. He did some early films I think i heard something about a Kill Bull recently. But where do you stop counting, Guys like him make films before they become famous so do you count all those as they are films in their own right? If the guy says its fourth who are us less mortals to argue with him. Anyone seen Vol.2 yet?