Washed out picture XR-75x94j

montana78

Standard Member
Reaction score
I saw currys dropped the price to £849 the other day and give another £100 off when you trade in/recycle old tv with them.

I been eyeing up the 55 and 65inch versions and pic looks amazing. When I went to the store that had 75inch version on display the colours looked rather washed out. I got them to ask another store and they advised the same thing. Do the 75inch version use different technology? Or is it setup differently for demo? I get mine delivered so will have to mess around with setting to check but if anyone can give heads up I'd be really grateful as I hope I made a good purchase.

Thanks in advance ☺️

Attachments

• 20220620_094042.jpg
    20220620_094042.jpg
    278.4 KB · Views: 58
If a TV looks like that in a shop like Currys, then I would be a bit concerned. Demos are normally extra-colourful and bright/vivid picture settings are used and/or the TV will be in 'shop mode' to make the picture stand out. Washed out colours could be down to dodgy source material or possibly someone has been messing with the picture settings though, I guess. Did you try alternative picture settings while you were there ? I have to say that I definitely wouldn't buy a TV that I couldn't get a decent picture out of in a shop, myself.

It looks like you found the owner's thread - any mention of colour issues in there ?

If a TV looks like that in a shop like Currys, then I would be a bit concerned. Demos are normally extra-colourful and bright/vivid picture settings are used and/or the TV will be in 'shop mode' to make the picture stand out. Washed out colours could be down to dodgy source material or possibly someone has been messing with the picture settings though, I guess. Did you try alternative picture settings while you were there ? I have to say that I definitely wouldn't buy a TV that I couldn't get a decent picture out of in a shop, myself.

It looks like you found the owner's thread - any mention of colour issues in there ?
I'm relying on the 5yr sony warranty to resolve any issues with the TV is there is one. I wanted to know if its common for picture to be different from the 55 and 65 inch model as 2 stores came back with same answer. Some websites said that incorrect HDR settings can give a washed out picture also. They didn't have a remote for me to play about with the settings with. I should've maybe taken some 4k MKV samples to test it out.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom