Was waiting for 120gb, now 160gb Avail & I'm still not buying. Am I nuts?

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by Mark Ward, Sep 7, 2007.

1. Mark Ward

Mark Ward

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    I've NEVER owned an Ipod (I've always used my phone for MP3's), my argument was that I wanted to store my entire collection on there with room to spare. I said that when they release a 120gb model I'd buy in a flash. I drive a lot and there's an excellent adaptor for BMW's that brings up the info of the car's OSD.

So here's 160gb and I'm still not convinced to buy??

I have to choose...There's this lovely new touch interface and with the big wide screen, but only 16gb so you can't store much... or a massive 160gb of storage, but you have to view any video content on a smaller screen than the "touch".

The choices are Big Screen but not enough storage space.. or Small Screen and plenty of storage capacity.

I WANT A BIG SCREEN AND LOADS OF STORAGE!!!!

Am I impossible to please or what?:D

Mark.

2. hutch

hutch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,224
    obviously :D

just get the 160gb version, the screen is plenty good enough for video. I wont be touching the touch until its over 100gb.

3. Mark Ward

Mark Ward

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Yeah, I've been thinking that :)

Mark.

4. amcluesent

amcluesent

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,167
    Yep, I have a 8Gb Nano and an 80Gb 5G. The Nano never gets used except for the gym, you get so tired of the limited selection.

5. Mark Ward

Mark Ward

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    I'm feeling my resolve not to buy weakening.....:)

Mark.

6. lazymatt

lazymatt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +188
    If it's mainly for use in the car you won't be using the touch screen anyway.
    Get the 160 Gb - it's well worth it to have all your music in the car. I know I'm going to.:smashin:

7. Autopilot

Autopilot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,517
    This is just about the biggest discussion on the internet right now it would seem - not enough storage on the new iPod [-]limited functionality PDA[/-] *cough* Touch. When the dust settles, what's really that amazing about a touch screen? If anything, they can actually be a pain; no tactile feedback, as well as getting dirty and scratched all the time (as beautifully designed as the iPod Touch is, it will just have to go straight into a case anyway). Yes, its very nice, but it's novelty and the extra storage is worth way more than the touch screen to me personally - plus the idea of watching a movie even on the Touch size screen is simply ludicrous to me (but then i never use public transport and i wish i had one when i used to). Dont get me wrong, it looks like a lovely thing to own and if i had money to burn i would own both :D

However - WiFi :) now that's another story. They can either completely revolutionise the DAP market and really do some great stuff - or they could could completely fluff it like Microsoft did with the Zune. What they do with the WiFi is of more interest to me (and im not taking about web browsing and daft Starbucks iTunes access).

8. Mark Ward

Mark Ward

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    @Autopilot, you are quite correct, the touch will most likely be impractical, especially with a huge library, but like you the wireless appealed to me. 160gb or wireless? No contest! (but both would have been nice).

Did it! I said I wouldn't but I did 160gb Black IPod ordered:).

Adding some earpads that my wife wanted anyway brought it up to enough to use the current £20 off £235 voucher, I logged on to the apple website through Quidco for a 3% Rebate plus another 1% cashback from my credit card.

I reckon that makes it £200.70 by the time I get the rebates.

Now, to take my own topic "off-topic"...

I've never owned an IPod before and I seem to remember that when both my kids got them it wasn't very straight forward adding an IPod to their existing iTunes libraries. Is this correct? I seem to remember we had to re-import all the songs. We don't share any libraries over more than 1 iPod. They each log in to their own account for their individual library. Mine is on a different PC.

I've used EAC to encode all my CDs (well the ones I wanted anyway) into Flac for my SB3 and DBPoweramp to make MP3 versions of that library for iTunes. I have previously painstakingly added all artworks, correct titling errors etc. so I really don't want to have to do that again.

Can it be done? or does adding an iPod require starting a new library?

Thanks,

Mark.

9. Autopilot

Autopilot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,517
    Of course that iPod Touch would make a great remote control for your SB3 mark ;)

10. Mark Ward

Mark Ward

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Yeah! That's Right... Wait 'til the guy orders then tell him why he should have ordered the other one!!! ;)

Mark.