was told cannot run my laptop to panasonic viera tv???

parkeey

Standard Member
Reaction score
:mad: im so annoyed just bought a hp- g56 laptop and trying to connect it to a panasonic viera tx-p42s21b.

the laptop has a VGA Output , no hdmi or s video, and the tv does not have vga !

i took the laptop to maplins and the young bloke told me there is no way i can run my laptop through my tv. is he wrong???:confused:

all i wana do is watch a movie from my laptop to tv.

You could try a VGA to component conversion box like this one,

Keene Retail Ltd

Edit, just noticed your TV does seem to be listed as having a PC input...

Last edited:
surley they cant sell a laptop that cant be wired to a brand new tv??? this is absolute shocking. would vga to scart be easier?

surley they cant sell a laptop that cant be wired to a brand new tv??? this is absolute shocking. would vga to scart be easier?

Is not uncommon for laptops to not have "TV Out", it has VGA out which is the most common output type.

The quality will be appalling with VGA to SCART.

You could also try a VGA to HDMI converter, Keene Retail Ltd.

There are no rules about what a Laptop must have in terms of connectivity – it’s YOUR job to ensure the unit you purchase has the connectivity you require!!!

If the Laptop has a spare USB port you could look for a USB to HDMI or USB to DVI converter.

Joe

well i did check but didnt realise my brand new panasonic viera doesnt have a vga ... technology is always changing!

pc world and maplins havnt helped me .thks for ur feedback guys will try some of these.

Imagine a New ‘all-Digital’ TV doesn’t support old school analogue PC's :D

Not surprised the retailers gave you no help – too much time required to learn about what is/isint possible.

Lots of suppliers around here to help you out if your having problems tracking down a suitable converter.

Joe

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom