1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Was It in America or Britain

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by Garrett, Feb 22, 2003.

1. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,471
    Has anyone watched the The Haunting over the last week?
    It had me confused a bit about the location, started out in an obviously British block of flats yet the occupants were America???? But then the newspaper had a dollar ad in it. Then the heroine of the plot goes to a very English mansion in a left hand drive vehicle, only to be greeted by Bruce Dern. Yes it was suppose to be in American.
    Is there any others where they got it wrong or location was obviously wrong(not on about those TV shows where they show a caption London, Lisbon, New York etc).
    Hellraiser seemed a little blurred and the end of The Omen they had American styled cops enter the church at the end.

By the way did anyone else spot the mistake in The Haunting when Catharine Zeta Jones did the somersault to the bottom of 4 poster bed and ended up with her head at the top of the bed instead of the bottom??????

2. Lex

Lex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I haven't seen it recently but I remember having similar thoughts when I saw it at the cinema... I think it is supposed to be set in America, but they used a British style Manor House - or maybe it is just an old reproduction house in the USA? All a bit stupid though as america doesn't really have the kind of history to make the plot plausible.

3. gringottsdirect

gringottsdirect

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Garrett,
    Shirley Jackson's " The Haunting Of Hill House " was set in 1963, for the original film and the re-make the initial scenes were supposed to be a housing project on an industrial wasteland in Charlestown, Massachussets, although it rather resembled Peckham's Nelson Mandela House.
    Hugh Crain's manor house was built 130 years earlier ( 1833 ), Massachussets has many surviving properties from this period, along with leafy county lanes resembling the Garden of England.
    The Haunting is " in America ".

Lex,
    America has lots of ghosts, plenty of which pre-date 1776 :smashin: