• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Was it, Idiot how to drive a car day today?

• Thread starter Deleted member 898655
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 898655

It started with a female up my chuff ooh wer on the phone, followed by some other muppet on the wrong side of the road on the phone, then followed by one of those phantom extra wide cars that can not drive more that 6 foot from the kerb, and then to top it all following a car into the supermarket blocking everything up deciding which of the 500 spaces they would like with directions from the passenger.

You'll get used to it. Its a jungle out there.

A couple of weeks back I was driving home and as I approached a junction on the left there were cars on the right waiting to turn in. The front car wasn't indicating so I backed off a bit, I wasnt sure what they were doing. I had cars close behind me so didnt actually brake. Without warning the car waiting in a position to turn just turned and went straight in front of me. I braked and almost collected the car behind me. I missed the car in front by inches, if that. The driver, an old woman, didn't even look. Girlfriend looked round and said she didnt even see us, but she got the number plate. If I hadnt backed off we would have collected that car and the one behind us would have hits us. Phoned the police who went to see the old biddy. She said she didnt even remember seeing us, and I drive a bright metallic blue Corsa VXR that had running lights on at the time !! .. Copper said she didnt seem to be all there and they are going to make her, via DVLA, to take a medical to see whether she is allowed to continue driving.

I'm still crapping out pieces of seat cushion. If I close my eyes I can see the dirt smears on the rear wing of that Focus .. it was that close.

Trollslayer

Distinguished Member
Both of you may have saved someone's life in the future - you by being careful and your girlfriend by making sure she got the number plate.
Thank you.

The copper did say that he wished more people reported dangerous driving as often it flags up drivers who are repeatedly endangering themselves and others. We did make the point that we were reporting her for her own safety as much as anyone elses.

D

Deleted member 51156

Had a rather bizarre incident with a young lady who seemed to think giving way to her right on a roundabout didn't apply to her, the roads were rush hr busy and she seemed to think it was ok to barge in and attempt to cause a collision... When my wife pointed out the give way mistake we were met with a "fudge OFF" in a silly faux middle class tone followed by a "Haw,haw,haw"...

Having a car full of babies I ignored her rant and carried on my way whilst dreaming about using a knuckle duster to imbed them ridiculous oversized sunglasses into the bridge of her snooty nose...

nvingo

Distinguished Member
I was approaching a mini-roundabout (previously a T-junction) behind another car both intending to take the straight-on so no indication required, the first in the queue of oncoming cars was not indicating but almost went into the side of the car before mine when they unexpectedly took the second exit ie. turn right. From what I saw she seemed indignant that she wasn't at fault and we should telepathically know which exit she wanted.

aVdub

Banned
The copper did say that he wished more people reported dangerous driving as often it flags up drivers who are repeatedly endangering themselves and others. We did make the point that we were reporting her for her own safety as much as anyone elses.

If I sent half the recorded stuff I've seen while driving around these past few months they wouldn't have time for any other police work :eek:

I was approaching a mini-roundabout (previously a T-junction) behind another car both intending to take the straight-on so no indication required, the first in the queue of oncoming cars was not indicating but almost went into the side of the car before mine when they unexpectedly took the second exit ie. turn right. From what I saw she seemed indignant that she wasn't at fault and we should telepathically know which exit she wanted.

Amazing how many idiots like that back down and scurry off with their tails between their legs when you point at the dash cam and then back at them!

captainarchive

Distinguished Member
When my wife pointed out the give way mistake we were met with a "**** OFF" in a silly faux middle class tone followed by a "Haw,haw,haw"....
What was everyone travelling in? open top harse drawn carriages. I can't recall ever hearing someone's rant whilst driving. Even when someone got out of their car and jumped on my bonnet I only made out what was being said by lip reading.

D

Deleted member 51156

It was rush hr and the roundabout was very busy,cars feeding on to the mini roundabout one at a time, on my turn she decided to barge in from my left, edging closer and closer to the front of my car trying to cut me off, so I stopped, wound my window down and asked her what she thought she was doing... Anyway it's all in the past now...

Dony

Distinguished Member
I was driving down the main street in town yesterday looking for a parking space. It's a one way street with cars parked either side. Seen a car indicate ahead (on the right of the road) that it was coming out of a space so I put my indicator on, let the car pull out, then moved forward, parallel to the car in front of the space. Before I had a chance to start my reversing manoeuvre, the car behind decided he couldn't wait 10 seconds and tried to squeeze past me. The car behind him followed, both missing me by inches. My wife had to fold her mirror in to avoid losing it. All this time I had my indicator and my reverse lights on.
As if that wasn't bad enough, a 3rd car, a Range Rover also tried to squeeze up the inside of me. At this point my wife had blown a fuse and with the Range Rover wedging himself in, with his window right next to my wife's, he got a bit of an earful. Neither of us could move, and in the end he crept forward, rubbing my bumper on the way past. Fortunately no damage was done.

I parked, paid for my ticket, and headed to the shops whilst all 3 cars were still sat in traffic 10 yards from where they had to get past me.

The latest video from AVForums

Hisense U7H TV and T+A Solitaire T headphone reviews, AV/HiFi news plus, what is screen uniformity?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom