Was it a telepathic double dream?

DJT75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Had a very strange experience early this morning which neither I or my fianceé can understand.

At 1.30am I was :boring: woken by what sounded like an enormous smashing noise. At first I thought it was the cats downstairs knocking something over but then decided it was far bigger, it sounded like someone smashing through a patio window :eek: or large mirror. Anyway, I huge noise & enough to make
me jump out of bed & leg it downstairs thinking someone was probably breaking in. :mad:

The cats were sitting on the sofa quietly :boring: , no windows were broken :smashin: , no glassware or ornaments were disturbed, no
pictures, mirrors, or thank the lord PLASMA had fallen off the walls - absolutely nothing. :confused:

So it must've been outside, right? :thumbsup:
No cars in my road disturbed, not a single other neighbour had their lights on or were looking out the window to see what happened.

So I go back upstairs, the misses is sitting there with a look of horror on her face :eek: asking what the hell it was? She heard exactly the same thing, not a car or a bang or thunder - a very loud glass smashing noise.

So, what was it do you reckon? The only thing we can think of was were having the same or very similiar dreams where this noise occurred at the same time - or is that just madness? :rolleyes: Do you think it's possible?:confused:

I dont know if this gives any comfort, but i had a similar thing a couple of weeks ago.. and know what caused it!

I'd been using an angle grinder earlier that evening to cut some floor tiles, but half way through the job i put down my ear plugs and couldnt find them again :confused: So i just carried on, the noise was horrendous, and gave me a little dullness to me hearing the rest of the evening.

Anyway, laying in bed i suddenly heard a loud smashin noise, jumped up and hunted round the flat for the cause. My wife woke up to, and in kinda half sleepy noise got worried about a break in aswell.

Turns out it was just my ears clearing after all the noise earlier in the day. :oops:

Hmmmm...I have felt a little bunged up this week which would obviously affect my ears too, never thought about it that way. However, my other half is convinced she heard something too - unless it's her sleepy head telling her she did because I did.......Hmmmmmm?

Maybe someone was breaking in next door instead?!

Nah, checked all that - my road is full of terrace houses so easy to see front & back of my neighbours & the front of the houses opposite. Although not impossible, my direct neighbourhood isn't an area that has break-ins...

Sounds like an inter-dimensional tear in reality to me, then.

Are there any demons in your wardrobe that weren't there before?

I reckon a neighbor woke up feeling thirsty, went downstairs and trod in a puddle of water that turned out to be their fish tank leaking. So they decided to put the fish in a spare tank and throw the old one away. You heard the sound of the old fish tank breaking up in the wheely bin.

So basically at 1.30 last night you were both tanked up.

PJTX100 said:
I reckon a neighbor woke up feeling thirsty, went downstairs and trod in a puddle of water that turned out to be their fish tank leaking. So they decided to put the fish in a spare tank and throw the old one away. You heard the sound of the old fish tank breaking up in the wheely bin.

So basically at 1.30 last night you were both tanked up.

Sounds a bit fishy to me... :rolleyes:

you were both on some hallucinogen that is for sure!!!

My neighbour has got a massive fish tank & it did cross my mind when thinking of large glass things that could smash. I would've heard him staggering around though, i hear everything.

I'll email him though to check if he heard anything - if he did, we're all doomed!!

Mrs AutomanUK said:
you were both on some hallucinogen that is for sure!!!

I did have some paracetamol for my sore throat yesterday & I had a Typhoid/Hep A injection yesterday morning - she made the same the day before?? :eek: :eek: :eek:

Let us know if you are in fact a fruit loop, or if your whole neighbourhood heard something smashing and the cause is as yet unknown !!!

whenever I've heard anything like this and can't find what it was, it's always turned out to be something fallen over in a wardrobe or in the loft. The smallest sound seems to be amplified a hundredfold at night and when you are asleep.

Wind? Those Heinz Meanz Beanz extra spicy ones do have some interesting effects ;)

JohnG said:
whenever I've heard anything like this and can't find what it was, it's always turned out to be something fallen over in a wardrobe or in the loft. The smallest sound seems to be amplified a hundredfold at night and when you are asleep.

I did open the hatch last night but bottled it going up there, will check it out at home later.

DJT75 said:
I did open the hatch last night but bottled it going up there, will check it out at home later.

:rotfl: Yes I always leave it until daylight :D

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom