Warrior King

Any Tony Jaa stuff is fine by me, esp ass I am a Muay Thai boxing student. Is it going to be a general release film?

meansizzler said:
Anyone seen it or going to see it?

LINK

HELL YES!!!

Harj said:
Any Tony Jaa stuff is fine by me, esp ass I am a Muay Thai boxing student. Is it going to be a general release film?

Yep. It's out next Friday(28/07/06). Or so I have been lead to believe.

This Friday!!! Yep Im definetley going :clap:

Great film with some awesome fight scenes - far better than Ong bak aswell although the story is just a bad as Ong bak. The fight scene with the Capoeira master Vs Tony jaa is :thumbsup:
Sadly the dvd i've got is now OOP, but if you track it down its worth a buy.

Any idea why the hell they have renamed it ??? cant see whats wrong with Tom Yum Goong(even though that title really has nothing to do with the film its just the name of a restaurants Tony's character must find). I prefer the US Title The Protector as that relates more to the movie than Warrior King.

tony jaa as mentioned is a talent,but for me thats about as far as it gos.
the rest of the film ie,rollerskates,motor bikes and ex wrestlers was like something out of a american 80s ninja film.imo.

the klang said:
tony jaa as mentioned is a talent,but for me thats about as far as it gos.
the rest of the film ie,rollerskates,motor bikes and ex wrestlers was like something out of a american 80s ninja film.imo.

Shame they seem to go for slapstick more than serious in the east. Jaa could be a worldwide name given the right vehicle, er i mean film.

Is this movie worth a punt on dvd from a overseas supplier, its pretty cheap pricewise. Then again i only watched Ong Bak once.

Agree with captaineyecatch,

The fight scenes is unbelievable. The scene where he runs up the long staircases for quite few minutes without a break, with tons of choreography, how did he remember it all?

The Capoeira master scene and the ex world strongest men/pro wrestlers scenes are fantastic!!!

Great film, I can watch the fight scenes all over again and again, well worth the dvd.

wasabi

raigraphixs said:
Shame they seem to go for slapstick more than serious in the east. Jaa could be a worldwide name given the right vehicle, er i mean film.

Is this movie worth a punt on dvd from a overseas supplier, its pretty cheap pricewise. Then again i only watched Ong Bak once.

dude, there is NO slapstick in this movie ala' Jackie Chan flicks. I think this movie migh actualy hold the record for most amount of bones broken, serioulsy . . . theres one scene that goes on for more than 5 mins where loads of people are trying to rush him and he's breaking, fingers, arms, legs, knees, skulls.

theres also an inadvertantly hilerious scene where a baby elephant get chucked through a window LOL!

pags payback said:
will this be subbed in the cinema?:confused:
Yep.
Just remember if you buy the dvd in future wait for the R1\R2 version as my R3 version of Ong Bak didn't have any, so the story was even less relevant to what it actually was :suicide:

drunkenmaster said:
Yep.
Just remember if you buy the dvd in future wait for the R1\R2 version as my R3 version of Ong Bak didn't have any, so the story was even less relevant to what it actually was :suicide:

It must depend on the version...my R3 dvd of ong bak had the english subbies. Haven't found a dvd release of this new one with the subtitles though...

drunkenmaster said:
Yep.

There was a korean R3 dvd release that has got Eng Subs but it was a limited edition hence my post above saying its now OOP.

Watched it yesterday afternoon. Some storming fight scenes, but the storyline leaves a little to be desired. Although story was it's no worse than some 70's kung fu films.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :smashin: out of 5.

Anyone else seen it?

Yeah, saw it on Saturday and really enjoyed it (much as I did with Ong-Bak). The fight scene in the four story building (the one which is a 4 minute uninterupted stedicam shot) is nothing short of incredible.

The plot is a load of gaff (naturally), but sometimes actions do speak louder than words.

Will be seeing this Wednesday i think.

Thought Ong bak was great, i know the storyline (if you can call it that is lame) but its sometimes nice to switch the brain off and just watch someone with real talent! :thumbsup:

I agree with a previous post with the right film (a mixture of awesome fight scenes and a meaningful thought provoking story) he could be a superstar!

Definitely wouldnt compare him to Jackie Chan (not a fan of his), more of a Bruce Lee type to be honest (not quite as great though....yet!) ;)

Rob

lovemunkey187 said:
Did I imagine it or was the person he bumped into at the airport when they dropped thier tickets, JC?
yup:thumbsup:

Saw this last night and loved it!

OK, the story is preposterous with a capital P lol! But if you look past that and the dodgy acting (particularly the Aussies!!) as well as some really random moments (Anyone catch the anti-Pirate DVD message!! Ha!:lesson: ) Its just plain good entertainment!

The fight scenes are amazing, breathtaking even! The choreography is something to admire with no wires or CGI, just some real martial arts mixed with the right editing is something you don’t often... in fact ever see anymore! It must hold the record for most broken bones in a film…!? I’m sure some geek is counting them all right now! :rotfl:

Anyway, if you like martial arts films and are bored with wire work and fancy costumes, go see and you will not be disappointed! A must have on DVD if only for the ability to pause and rewind the fights! :thumbsup:

Rob

robyoung said:
Saw this last night and loved it!

OK, the story is preposterous with a capital P lol! But if you look past that and the dodgy acting (particularly the Aussies!!) as well as some really random moments (Anyone catch the anti-Pirate DVD message!! Ha!:lesson: ) Its just plain good entertainment!

The fight scenes are amazing, breathtaking even! The choreography is something to admire with no wires or CGI, just some real martial arts mixed with the right editing is something you don’t often... in fact ever see anymore! It must hold the record for most broken bones in a film…!? I’m sure some geek is counting them all right now! :rotfl:

Anyway, if you like martial arts films and are bored with wire work and fancy costumes, go see and you will not be disappointed! A must have on DVD if only for the ability to pause and rewind the fights! :thumbsup:

Rob

dvd or cinemas?, dvd with eng subs ?.

Sorry, saw it at the Cinema. Not too sure about the DVD spec. The Region 3 version only has Chinese subtitles and no English. The Region 2 DVd is out on 16th October but no release date for R!, i assume it must be later.

Rob

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom