• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Warrington

zombie_donkey

Established Member
I have a job interview in Warrington tomorrow and I'm wondering what the area is like to live in. I can get stats for crime etc online but I wanted opinions from people who live or used to live there.

bassit

Prominent Member
Hi Zombie, i live in Warrington and i suppose its the same as most places it all depends on where you can afford to live, it has its nice areas and not so nice areas.

Philly112

Distinguished Member
I'm in Frodsham which is close by (10 miles or so). Warrington has very good shopping and facilities - cinemas, gyms etc. It has good motorway connections, M56, M6 and M62. Traffic in the town at rush hour can be a pain. As bassit says, good and not so good areas, like everywhere else!

Phil

Last edited:

figoagogo

Distinguished Member
I live in Culcheth near Warrington and work in Birchwood. :hiya:

As Philly says connections are great, motorways (M6/62), rail (Liverpool/Manchester, London in a few hours), airports (Manchester/Liverpool), shops are good etc.

No culture, and a bit rough in places. Loads of job opportunties, lots of big companies are based here, for the connections!

Persoanlly I wouldn't live in Warrington, but I have family etc, loads of nice villages and places around the area.

Last edited:

bassit

Prominent Member
The 2 places above are both nice areas (although they both probably have rough estates, i know culcheth does), the thing about Warrington is it does have good transport links so is fairly easy to get to from the surrounding villages and towns, although the traffic can be horrific same as any where i suppose but can be worse in Warrington if there is an accident on the m6 because all of the traffic tries to re route through the town and can and does cause gridlock.

a l e x

Distinguished Member
I've only ever been to Warrington to watch the rugby... I can easily say it rivals Hull for the award for the scariest women in England...

NewBeetle

Distinguished Member
I've only ever been to Warrington to watch the rugby... I can easily say it rivals Hull for the award for the scariest women in England...

Someone obviously has never visited the west coast of Cumbria. :rotfl:

It has a good Ikea. :)

It's geographically well positioned too and is virtually on the M62. This is good for visiting Liverpool and Manchester and joining up with the M6 for going North and South.

bluedroog

Prominent Member

Does the 'Tiger Two' enclosure still exist? I love that, as if Tiger Tiger wasn't quite naff enough.:rotfl:

figoagogo

Distinguished Member
It has a good Ikea. :)

It's geographically well positioned too and is virtually on the M62. This is good for visiting Liverpool and Manchester and joining up with the M6 for going North and South.

Was it the first Ikea in the UK?

JimmyMac

Distinguished Member
If you don't mind a short commute then theres plenty of really nice places within a short drive of Warrington, anything from 5 minutes to 20 minutes away

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom