1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Warrenties, anyone actually use it?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Cheng, Jan 13, 2003.

1. Cheng

Cheng

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Hi,

I was thinking about buying an amp for a good price, however the warranty price is quite a lot...

Do people actually use the warranties, as I hear you can claim from your credit card if anything actually goes wrong?

I particularly like RS warranty as you can go to the local shop to get it fixed and you get refunded if you don't use it, however I am trying to buy from empire direct which don't have as good warranty...

I'd like your opinions, about whether you've actually use your warranty really or if its worth it, £35 for 3 years total warranty...

Thanks.

2. hutchingsp

hutchingsp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well, IMHO for £35 if it breaks once it's paid for itself.

RS are probably one of the more down-to-earth companies with their warranty prices and conditions - no idea about Empire's though, guess it's a case of read the small print, get someone else to read it, then read it again.

I'm looking for an amp/receiver myself, I'm by no means "scared" of buying via the Internet but the idea of having to ship a 10-15kg amp back to god knows where isn't one I relish - hence the local RS for me (bloody lucky that they appear to have one of what I think I want in stock)

Paul

3. kelvin

kelvin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    Just a quick note of caution regarding Empire Direct before you go ahead and place an order with them. Several people (including myself) have had problems with both stock availability (regardless of what is said on the website!), and similarly in obtaining refunds if the worst should happen when ordering from them - do a search on the forums and you'll see what I mean!

As we speak I have an outstanding balance on my credit card (which has been disputed - hooray for plastic!!) for an item which I ordered in November and was promised for Christmas (website said it was in stock!). The order was cancelled after several rather irrate phonecalls on the 21st of December and I ended up buying on the high street. The money STILL hasn;t been refunded!! :(

Be careful!

Kelvin