Warranty's

chaosrealm

which warranty is better a John Lewis warranty from JL or a panasonic warrenty from PRCdirect, the reason i ask is i dont mind paying the extra from JL for the 42V10B .....

does JL backdate price match for a set period or not at all ?

Monarch

Distinguished Member
I would take a Panasonic warranty given the opportunity, but the charges can be huge. However, Panasonic are offering a free 5 year warranty, but none of the big chains are involved, I'm not sure whether or not the actual Panasonic shops are or not.

John Lewis will price match, but they don't pricematch online prices, they normally price match from Richer Sounds, if there's one local, and they often have some of the cheapest prices

chaosrealm

@ Monarch08 what do you mean the charges can be huge ?, also RicherSounds cant confirm if they are gonna stock it boooo

@ Lucas44 ill keep my eyes pealed for those 28 days mate cheers

Monarch

Distinguished Member
I didn't get an extended warranty for my PX80, but it comes with a book so that you can apply to get a Panasonic warranty on it, I think the 5 year warranty was over £150...on a £500-£600 TV. John Lewis provide a free warranty and Richer Sounds add 10% to the price. I would take the Richer Sounds warranty over the John Lewis warranty but the more expensive Panasonic warranty is the one I would choose, you can't really beat it

chaosrealm

I didn't get an extended warranty for my PX80, but it comes with a book so that you can apply to get a Panasonic warranty on it, I think the 5 year warranty was over £150...on a £500-£600 TV. John Lewis provide a free warranty and Richer Sounds add 10% to the price. I would take the Richer Sounds warranty over the John Lewis warranty but the more expensive Panasonic warranty is the one I would choose, you can't really beat it

Thanks for that info Monarch :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Are the TCL MiniLED TVs better than OLED? TCL Interview with Marek Maciejewski | AVForums Podcast
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom