1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Warranty

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by zman, Jul 7, 2003.

1. zman

zman
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    My sky 12 months warranty runs out in a couple of weeks and sky have phoned me a number of times asking me to renew it for a year for about £69. I also got a form through the post and noticed that the warranty is through Domestic & General. I just went on their website and put in my STB datails and got a quote for £29.70 for a year.

What I want to know is, do both warranties cover the same thing or is sky's better?

Any help would be appreciated.:clap:

2. Fernsehman

Fernsehman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sky's definitely covers Digibox, dish, LNB and cable and callout (but not dish alignment).

Ask Domestic & General if theirs covers all of this (unlikely) or just the Digibox. Bear in mind it may not cover "abuse" such as liquid spillage, rainwater down the aerial cable....

A typical digibox repair will be over £50 (see list of repairers in recent post) so Sky's warranty doesn't sound too bad - especially as most Digiboxes go wrong in the 2nd year.

No, I don't work for Sky!

Fman