1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Warranty

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by packmanuk, Jul 20, 2005.

1. packmanuk

packmanuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I just got a sammy 46 dlp from macro and have the standard 1 year warranty (when i send off the papers) I'd like to extend this somewhere for a reasonable price for about 5 years to include the lamp. Does anyone have a good price for such a warranty or have any links ?

2. Bacus

Bacus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,314
    This has been talked about be for, if you scroll through previous posts you should come accross a few sites that can help you. Many members have do this and they have listed prices ! Good luck :smashin:

3. neilmcl

neilmcl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +290
    Try http://www.warrantyex.co.uk

4. J80FAB

J80FAB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +70
    A few weeks back a member posted info about 'warrantyex' & that they had confirmed to him via e-mail that the lamp was covered under the extended warranty :smashin:

The quote for 5 years extended warranty was £281 which isn't that bad really :)

5. gringottsdirect

gringottsdirect

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    It may be a good idea to obtain written confirmation regarding this for yourself.
    www.warrantyex.co.uk website states that all plans are underwritten by Domestic & General - www.domgen.com.
    Clicking on the pdf reveals WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED IN YOUR PLAN
    " The cost of replacing any item or accessory that is intended to be replaceable. These include fuses, batteries, LIGHT BULBS , flourescent tubes and related starters, filters, attachments, cables, plugs, light covers or rain covers. "

If the policy underwriter does not cover light bulbs - then it is most unlikely that warrantyex.co.uk will do so.

Please feel free to correct me - if anybody can prove they do ! :cool:

6. J80FAB

J80FAB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +70
    It seems that Light Bulbs are mentioned in every poliocy !!! But at the end of the day it comes down to what sort of 'light bulb'.

I've found the thread re. enquiry made to warrantyex

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=224939

To make doubly-sure it may be worth contacting them again as it has been known for one person to say one thing & then for another to say the opposite !

Though from the thread it seems that confirmation was received on 2 separate occasions saying 'YES'

7. DGtal

DGtal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have received contradictory advice from different domestic & general sales staff regarding the bulb issue! A couple of weeks ago I was told that bulbs were not included. Then a week later I rang to double check and the lady rang through to the claims department and said YES they are covered. She said that when I receive the policy document it will confirm this. Of course, it doesn't confirm it but the nearest clause in the T&C's is that any part designed to be user replaceable is not covered. I am writing a letter now to ask for written confirmation on this and will update this thread when I get a reply.

8. gringottsdirect

gringottsdirect

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Thanks. :)

9. gringottsdirect

gringottsdirect

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    I wonder if any forum member has successfully claimed for a replacement bulb yet ?
    Given the cost of the bulb could be around the cost of the premium it would be interesting to know.
    Thanks for finding the link. :)

10. J80FAB

J80FAB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +70
    Oh dear, looks as if we're going to go down the 'is covered, isn't covered' lane again !!! :rotfl: :suicide:

Mmmmm..... even if the cost of the lamp is similar to that of the extended warranty, the warranty nevertheless covers the whole of the set & not just the lamp if it were also to be covered under the policy :)

11. FGEvans

FGEvans

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was the person who posted that thead and can confirm that i had written confirmation that the lamp would be covered.