1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Warranty?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by woody123, Jun 30, 2004.

1. woody123

woody123
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Dear all,

My good 'ol Panny Plasma 6 Series is due to expire its Panasonic 12 month warranty in the very near future.

I guess its best for me to get it extended for at least a couple of years - has any one else done this or maybe gone for an alternative warranty?

Cheers

Woods.

2. jmack

jmack

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    would like to know the answer to this too, my toshiba is nearly 2 years old and will then be out of warranty. it was bought from nexnix does anyone know if they or toshiba sell extra warranty?

cheers , maybe joe or maw could point us in right direction

3. shiddot

shiddot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

My company, Mojo I.T. Ltd., sell extended warranties for all sorts of electrical and electronic goods - give Oly a call on 01252 850111 and ask for a quote on an extended warranty for a Plasma, tell him I put you in touch.

Hope this helps,

Matt.

4. nealgs

nealgs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    nexnix have there own warranty provided by a third party who require £100 to examine the plasma before they will grant a warranty, and that is only if the Plasma passes the test is how i understand it.

The price of the warranty itself was not bad at all, just this £100 fee annoyed me.

Gary

5. wattsj

wattsj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've just extended my Panny warranty for another 2 years with this company:

http://www.tadlassist.com/

£220 for 2 years which includes parts\labour and a swap out I thought was a great deal.

6. nealgs

nealgs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've just given em a call, they usually only do it if the unit is less than 6mths old though, but he's going to check and give me a ring back (guys name was Rob).

usual price is £199 for 2yrs, it appears that Nexnix are now selling tadl assist warranties for them to :) (were I got plasma from)

regards
    Gary

7. nealgs

nealgs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Update....

Those lovely, lovely people at NexNix now have our Pioneer 433MXE under a smashing new extended 2yr warranty (Onsite).

Due to the warranty being taken out after the 6mth period, there was bit of a premium to pay, but for a total of £259 the screen is now covered - wooohooo :clap: :thumbsup:

The warranty is actually covered by TADLAssist (see above for info)

regards
    Gary

8. jmack

jmack

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    anyone know anywhere else we can get warranty for our plasma`s that are out of there normal warranty time.

tried nexnix and http://www.tadlassist.com/

both said mine is to old :confused: