Warranty with no box

joysleep1

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey guys.

I plan on getting an 85 inch sony tv in the next month or 2.
I'll either get it from John Lewis or richer sounds.
I wanted to ask would the warranty still be valid without the original box. I really would have no space at all for that size of box. I have no space in my shed either. If anything goes wrong and I have to claim warranty, would not having the box be an issue?
Thanks

They can't expect you to keep a box that size! When I claimed on warranty for my plasma (neither the above) they didn't want the box, they used there own covers and then proceeded to place it upside down in the van and damaged the stand 😡

They can't expect you to keep a box that size! When I claimed on warranty for my plasma (neither the above) they didn't want the box, they used there own covers and then proceeded to place it upside down in the van and damaged the stand 😡

Oh that's pleasing to hear. I thought they would expect you to keep the box.
I understand that if you are selling the tv maybe later it might add more value but I have no interest of selling it later. So there would be no advantage to me keeping the original box right.?

Anyone have any issues with any of the retailers above about the original box?

Personally I wouldn't kep the box and my box for the bedroom tv purchased from John Lewis has gone. I'm not gonna keep a tv box for 5 years, but I can't say for sure you won't need it, I just can't see them refusing cause you don't have the box

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom