1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Warranty transfer??

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by brain, Jun 12, 2005.

1. brain

brain
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Im not sure where to post this but I'm sure I will find out soon enough :)

Im about to sell my tx-100 and it is still under warranty. When I sell it what do I have to do with the warranty, do I have to 'transfer' it somehow or do I do nothing and not worry about it at all?

Its a replacement projector that I got in late Jan, so this new unit will still be covered.

I need some advice please...

2. brain

brain
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    anyone?
    I bought it at discount electrical. What would one do if they bought it from me and needed to claim replair under warranty for example?

3. ptek

ptek

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Grey area, generally, warranty is not transferred to a 3rd party, however, if you have not had any repairs done in warranty and still have the bill of sale, depending if any name or cash sale on the reciept, it all depends on the paperwork you have when purchased, if its a simple cash sale, no problems, anything else else, read your original warranty card for fine print.

Sorry, didn't really answer your question, but atleast you posted in the right area :)

4. brain

brain
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I thank all i have is the receipt from discount electrical and the warrenty card from hitachi. I'll have a read of it later.