1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Warranty transfer issues

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by Jackam, Nov 16, 2004.

1. Jackam

Jackam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought a 2nd hand Strata V 7 weeks ago and I am having real trouble trying to get the warranty transferred. I have mailed twice and called once, the previous owner has mailed once, but they just tell me that they are behind at the moment. Has anyone else experienced the same?

2. nortonl

nortonl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I bought a new Stampede a couple of months ago and registered online. Havn't heard a dicky bird yet.

3. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    Certainly with a new subwoofer your redress is with the supplying dealer and as long as you can provide proof of purchase it doesn't matter whether REL acknowledge your warranty registration or not.

I am not sure of the position with second hand items as many warranties are not transferable. If the REL warranty is transferable and you have retained the emails I am sure that you won't have a problem if there is a subsequent need to claim.

4. nortonl

nortonl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Supplying dealer is responsible for 1 year statutory warranty, but for the extra 4 years you have to go to REL direct, I believe.

5. Jackam

Jackam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Spoken to REL twice now, they profusely apologise as they are upgrading their systems. Although they still haven't formally transferred the warranty, they have assured me that they will honour it, and any repairs required in the mean time.