• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question Warranty query

realfrankturner

Distinguished Member
Hi all,

This might be a stupid query but...

I am going to be buying a Switch this weekend, but have a warranty query.,

I am planning on selling the dock, as I will only be using it as a handheld - If something goes wrong and I need to send it in for a repair, do you have to send the dock as well? Will selling it void the warranty?

Thanks

Foster

Distinguished Member
I doubt you'd need to send the dock back if i'm honest.

Miss Mandy

I've never needed a repair myself, but I'm pretty sure you'd just send the console back. That's usually how it works with electricals as the repair centres don't want to be responsible for the other items.

DAZ UK 74

Distinguished Member
Hi all,

This might be a stupid query but...

I am going to be buying a Switch this weekend, but have a warranty query.,

I am planning on selling the dock, as I will only be using it as a handheld - If something goes wrong and I need to send it in for a repair, do you have to send the dock as well? Will selling it void the warranty?

Thanks
When I bought my Switch one of the joycons was damaged, I contacted the retailer who wanted me to repackage the entire system and take it back in so they could swap the entire package.
So I decided to contact Nintendo directly and I only had to send them the broken joycon.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom