Question Warranty on JS9500?

camelot1971

Prominent Member
Reaction score
My new JS9500 didn't come with any warranty paperwork other than the small booklet for the European warranty.

Everywhere I look it says there is a 5 year one - is this something I need to register with Samsung? There is nothing in the paperwork from the retailer either (and I didn't buy from JL who I know give you something separate).

Hi there. Extended warranties are usually provided by the supplying retailer, either as part of the package or as an optional extra. I just had a quick look at our product pages for this model and I can see no mention of an extended warranty. However, as you rightly state, there does seem to be plenty of retailers who are offering it. May I ask where you purchased it from?

L

Hi, thanks for the reply. It was appliance electronics UK Ltd. They offer the domestic & general policy but that covers accidental damage etc too.

Every other retailer seems to highlight 5 years included although as you say it could just be their own policies.

I note LG seem to offer 5 years on their OLED tv's so it would be a bit disappointing if Samsung was just 1 year on a £3500 set.

Much will depend on the retailer, who are obviously free to sell the products at whatever price and with whatever extra warranty they wish.

Beyond that, we will do look to offer an extended warranty from time to time, often as part of a product promotion. The specifics and frequency of these can vary from one product group to another. For example, we currently have such an offer on some of our home appliance range 5 Year Warranty — Samsung Store UK

L

probably too late, but can you return the TV at all? the price of a warrenty for 5 years would make such that your better off getting from John lewis which includes the 5 years. Plus JL are very very good at returns.

How is the TV by the way? am seriously tempted to get this!

I ended up getting a good deal on a 3rd party warranty. Still worked out cheaper than JL at the time and they didn't have any stock at that point anyway.

It's a brilliant TV - I had it professionally calibrated (see my post in the JS9500 thread) - even before that the picture was stunning but it took it to another level again. I'm really looking forward to HDR UHD content (having watched what is available on Amazon already).

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom