Warranty Issues?

T

Tom Lloyd

Hi I've never really bothered learning how warranties work cause I've never anything break really and needed to use one, so I have a question that might sound stupid! I'm planning on buying a 360 (1st generation, premium, bought a week after UK launch but not played on since) off a friend and I'm a bit paranoid about it breaking having read the various threads on the subject. So is the warranty transferable? and/or can I purchase the extended warranty for myself?

JamesOD

If you have the reciept you have the warrenty for the store it was purchased from.

Microsoft will honor the warrenty regardless of who has the machine via there repair service.

If you still have the extended warrenty paperwork that came inside the machine I can see no reason why you could not fill it in and send it off

Your actually talking about the protection you get under the Sales of Goods Act (a warranty is between you and the vendor and is nothing to do with the shop)

Buy from Game - apparently they will swop for new console throughout the whole first year if it breaks...assuming you haven't damaged it yourself :)

JamesOD said:
If you have the reciept you have the warrenty for the store it was purchased from.

Microsoft will honor the warrenty regardless of who has the machine via there repair service.

If you still have the extended warrenty paperwork that came inside the machine I can see no reason why you could not fill it in and send it off

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 OLED TV Review: The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom