• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Warranty issues on multiregion ex77?

Gavtech

Administrator
I have a multiregion panny ex77, it is only about 8/9 months old, but the digitsl sound output has stopped working:mad:
Will there be any problems with getting it fixed by panasonic, I registered it when I bought it.
Cheers,Dave

I doubt it has actually stopped working.

It is probably a settings issue... or you are trying to feed an encoding standard out to your connected unit that it will not understand... or the input on the connected unit has been switched to some other encoding standard.

In any event, even if it did have a problem , which is very unlikely, when there are several much more likely explanations, you warranty is with your supplier and it would be they who have to see about repairing it... not Panasonic.

Check the amp settings, what you are feeding it... and if necessary reset the EX77 to factory condition and you will probably find out everything is OK.

MagicBoy

Established Member
I have a multiregion panny ex77, it is only about 8/9 months old, but the digitsl sound output has stopped working:mad:
Will there be any problems with getting it fixed by panasonic, I registered it when I bought it.
Cheers,Dave

From a discussion I had with an engineer in a local Panasonic repair centre today Panasonic won't sanction repairing firmware modified units. I'd suggest taking it up with the retailer directly.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom