1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Warranty for Sony pjs

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Venom1969, Apr 27, 2004.

1. Venom1969

Venom1969

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've bought my Sony pj from abroad and as such, it is only covered in that country. Is it possible to buy another warranty from Sony Europe or Sony UK/Ireland to cover damages, etc. The pj is fine now but I'm just thinking of the resale value when the time comes to pimp it off to someone else.

Without a local warranty, how much would you typically know off the resale value?

2. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    AFAIK it is not possible to get/purchase a €uropean warranty if the unit was sourced from outside €urope (Japan for example).

Resale value? Depends on age, condition, hours of use etc. but with new UK HS20s now selling for less than £1500 :eek:, I'd say £7/800 :(

3. Venom1969

Venom1969

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Less than £1500?! Where is this exactly? This cheapest I can see is just under £2000.

I have about 160 hours on the bulb, sweet unit. But I'm looking to change to dlp, contrast ratios are twice that of lcd units. You've reviewed a few dlps Kramer, what are your thoughts? I konw you have a HS10, would you be interested in upgrading soon?

4. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Click me.

Yes, I would like a change (as always) but I haven't had much time for movie watching lately so I'll wait a while. Will be looking at upgrading (HD2+ DLP) before the end of this year.

:smoke:

5. Venom1969

Venom1969

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Off to the buy and sell so :laugh:

HD2+ looks like the next logical step for me too. Looking at the Benq 8700+, hopefully there'll be a similar Benq deal when the time comes :)

6. rOAdeh

rOAdeh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    heres hoping indeed :thumbsup:

just with the benq being released at half its msrp i'm not sure it'll be able to drop any more :(

but we can try anyway eh?
    :lease: