Warranties: John Lewis v TADL Assist

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by Kopacabana, Mar 27, 2006.

1. Kopacabana

Kopacabana

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I'm having a nightmare getting JL Edinburgh to do a pricematch on a Panny PX60.

Shopping around, I've found the set with PED for £1,664 at Sound and Vision Online. This is a whole £385.99 less than the JL price. Only problem is - no warranty.

Someone suggested buying a TADL Assist warranty. The prices seem competitive.

Has anyone looked into the TADL Assist warranty and compared it with the JL warranty? I can't really see any major difference.

I really need to get my plasma in ASAP so is it worth going for the TADL warranty???

Has anyone looked into this? :confused:

2. dodger747

dodger747

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +209
    Get a price match with H Preston it's only £1649 and you'll get a free 5 year warrenty:thumbsup:

3. Kopacabana

Kopacabana

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    YES!!!! I've been trying to get them to pricematch H. Preston for over a week now!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

JL just won't play ball, hence my looking at other warranties.

4. Kevstir

Kevstir

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +185
    have you tried the glasgow branch m8?? a guy from here got an pm with H preston lastweek.

Kev

5. Kopacabana

Kopacabana

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I've tried them aswell. They said they couldn't match as H. Preston had no stock. It seems every other bugger is getting a pricematch but not me!

:mad: :mad: :mad:

6. TheBlueRaja

TheBlueRaja

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +69

Thats cool though mate, just phone every day to "check if they ahve them in stock yet, you had spoke to them and they calim to have some in", JL Glasgow will give you it.

7. steve36

steve36

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    Have you checked out AV-SALES?

They give superb after sales which some companies do not and they currently sell it for £1766.41 including PED + Panasonic DMR-ES20 dvd recorder + 9 months interest free.
    If the DVD recorder is the ES20D then it should probably be worth at least £100 on ebay etc.

JL will not price match them though as they are not a normal 'shop'.

Steve.

8. Kevstir

Kevstir

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +185
    I phoned av sales last week , they said they wont have any px60's till the middle of April, might be worth phoning to see if they are getting them any earlier

9. tdm34

tdm34

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    I don't wish to sound stupid but looking at the S&V site the Panny is £1664 add the warranty at £489 and you have a total price of £2153 which is approx £100 more than JL, now factor in the free DVD recorder into this price and it doesn't look too bad!
    Why is it JL,Dixons,Comet and Currys etc always say we'll price match this company or that company and the use any excuse to get out of the promise they make!
    Just go to S&V or whoever is doing the cheap price in the first place. It must be soul destroying to be an innocent customer of these department stores who pay the ticket price for their shiney plasma screen only to find out some months later that JL would have knocked hundreds off the price if they had only checked about a bit! My guess is if JL,Dixons,Comet and Currys offered these good at the same price as the web based traders their shareholders would soon get very :censored: off with the low profit levels they are generating. Eventually all the small dealers who actually give a damn about their customers would go to the wall leaving just four or five Mega dealers in the picture and then in which direction do you think the prices would go?

Just my twopenneth on a subject that has got on my nerves for a while now

Regards to all

MOD EDIT, please do not circumvent the swear filter, use the :censored: tag instead