Warped panasonic viera screens

hornydragon

Distinguished Member
I had an issue recently I have never seen before in 10+ years in AV installs. Installed 8 60DT65B panasonics in a commercial premises, after a week they all warped (wall mounted), put it down to large panel on small thin chassis not like the good ole plasmas... Anyway sorted it after much trepidation and panasonic uk being their usual helpful selves....

Quite liked the sets so got a 39" of a similar range 39E6B for the house, now in 2 hours of it going on the wall it's warped! Same as the 60"s the top left and bottom right corner peeling away from the wall!

Anyone else had this issue? I don't want to swap the screen as it is the only one I couldfind larger than 32" that fits (within 5mm) but there is definitely an issue with the design... Perhaps why the new range have a thicker bezel ???

Or is it me?

Last edited:

gIzzE

Distinguished Member
I had an E6 in my conservatory, and that warped, I thought I must have imagined it, but the backlight on the top left got lighter and when I looked I was sure the whole case was a little twisted. not much and you couldn't really notice as it was on a stand, but of wall mounted I bet it would have been very obvious.

I then thought it might have been because it got to 40°c in there one day so didn't mention that when sending it back.

MAX1210

I then thought it might have been because it got to 40°c in there one day so didn't mention that when sending it back.

Considering the operating temp for that set is 0°C - 35°C you were wise not to mention that ;)

hornydragon

Distinguished Member
Giz, long time mate, did you send it back due to warping? Or other issues? The 8 60" we sorted but a PITA , i don't want to send it back (nothing else has same external dims and its a tidy screen) so i'll try and fix it

gIzzE

Distinguished Member
Yeah been a while, I have been happy with my 5090, but agreed to put something smaller and neater in the living room, so popped on and completely confused myself!

Ordered a 46W905a from JL, but was really impressed with the W605B units that I saw, all looked very good colour wise and the panel was perfect, no clouding, no backlight bleed or DSE. But when the W905 is only £799 you have to have a punt and keep your fingers crossed.

Regarding the E6....
No, I sent it back because I found the auto dimming feature too aggressive.
I had mine in the conservatory, during the day it was great, but at night the backlight dimmed down a bit too much so I had to manually change it all the time, which I couldn't be bothered with.

If it was in the bedroom or similar I probably would have just set the backlight and forgot about it.

I thought maybe I was imagining the warping, it wasn't that much, but it did do it.
I initially thought that the stand was wonking and the left hand side was sitting lower, but I could see that it was the same height from the unit it was sitting on to the bottom of the screen, so when looking closer could see the top left was slightly further forward than the top right.

hornydragon

Distinguished Member
ITs a crazy issue you look at it on the wall and it looks pissed, get a level out dead straight...I'll take some pics its the same issue we had with the 60" and was awful with 3 in a straight row but put it down to the chassis being small for 60" and allowing some flex, for a 39" and apparently a 42" to do it then Pana have huge manufacturing issue...............

I'll have to check the rest of the screens in that job at some point.... the 8 60" were the tip of the ice burg.........

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom