Warning to potential Xtreamer customers.

Discussion in 'Video Streaming Boxes & Services' started by Dave-s, Oct 28, 2009.

1. Dave-s

Dave-s
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you are considering on buying an Xtreamer media player, I suggest you read this post before pressing "Buy now!".
    I must admit that I too was dazzled by the low price of the Xtreamer compared to other devices, and I ordered one before I read any customer reviews or testimonials.
    The one big problem with Xtreamer is their customer service.
    If you order your device, receive it within a week or two, and it works properly then you are very lucky.
    But if problems arouse, and you need the help of the sales team or customer service then get ready for an adventure and I hope you have nerves of steel.
    Any company can take your money and ship you your order, but a company is truly measured by how they treat their customers once problems arouse.
    My story in short:
    I ordered my device on July 29th, and to this day I have not yet received my device.
    At first Xtreamer had manufacturing problems, so instead of shipping my device on August 10th like promised upon purchase, it was shipped on Sep. 3rd.
    Then DHL had a paperwork error, and only GOD (and DHL) knows where my device was shipped to, but they promised me that it is not lost, and if I have some patience it will eventually arrive.
    Apparently Xtreamer decided to save on shipping, and the device was sent via regular postal service (DHL post), and not DHL courier service.
    Long story short, they called me (by phone) on Oct. 1st, and promised that I have to wait no more than 20 days.
    Today is the 28th, and still no sign of the device.
    The sales team do not reply to my mails and the Xtreamer forum Admin that promised to look into it does not reply as well.
    I have never used any harsh or threatening language, and have always been very patient.
    But enough is enough. Since I've got no reply or apology from Xtreamer I've decided to warn all potential buyers.

2. Broadsword

Broadsword

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +454
    Sounds a pain to be honest.

However, I take it you paid using your credit card?

If so maybe its time to get them involved.

3. Dave-s

Dave-s
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I used PayPal.
    I sent them a mail, but the 45 day window allowed to place a dispute has long gone.
    When the 45 days were almost over I mailed them and told them that I was considering on placing a dispute, but they assured me that if I want my money back they would refund it, all I have to do is ask, there is no need for a dispute.
    They promised that if I wait patiently only a little longer I WILL get my device.
    So I decided to wait it out. That was a month and a half ago.
    I am not the only one that did not get a device, there are another 12 that I know of. They all are getting the silent treatment.
    I posted a message on the Xtreamer forum that was not to their liking, and it was deleted in less than 5 minutes.
    I did not use any harsh or threatening language, just wrote my story and how I feel with the way they are dealing with the problem.

4. Broadsword

Broadsword

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +454
    Well time to ask for a refund then.

You should have opened a dispute though, even if you never planned to follow it through.

5. Dave-s

Dave-s
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    They do not reply to my mails, let alone refund my money.
    I did not want to place a dispute at the time because I didn't want to "Anger" them.

Xtreamer said: (...) As due to the fact we are not charging any handling fee for the cancelation process - we will not argue with a customer asking a refund , but we will decline new orders for him in the future. (...)

I wanted the Xtreamer, and didn't want to be denied the ability to buy one in the future once they got their shipping problems sorted out. So I decided to wait it out.

Looks like they have a very low tolerance to complaining customers.
    If you complain too much on their forum, you are banned from the forum, and if you ask for a refund you are banned as a future client.

6. mrtickle666

mrtickle666
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Must say, I bought mine and got it next day. It really is an excellent piece of kit. There are loads of other satisfied customers, sounds like you've just had bad luck.

7. Dave-s

Dave-s
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As I said, if you order your device, receive it and everything is working properly your in luck.
    But once things go wrong, customer service will give you the shaft.
    Xtreamer like their customers silent, or saying words of praise.
    Their customer service works at a different standard that we are accustomed to. According to their philosophy the customer is not always right. In most cases an unhappy customer is just a bother.

I have no bad words to say about the device itself except for maybe the fan (at least according to what I am reading on the net).
    Even the R&D team is releasing updates and solving problems in a timely manner.
    It is the sales / customer service that I have a problem with.

8. Broadsword

Broadsword

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +454
    Another reason never to use paypal.

Although why anyone would want to use a company that get angry over basic customer service is another matter.

9. JimiAces

JimiAces

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +126
    you sir, have the patience of a saint. I would have flipped by now. mine took 6 weeks for delivery and that was long enough for me. I wouldn't worry about not being able to order from them in the future. You can get the device from their u.k affiliate who i am sure would not turn down your custom. (they also deliver next day!)

I think that the company themselves were not ready for such a quick uptake on the device. Postage for most was abysmal (although not as bad as yourself). Firmware releases are well behind schedule due to bugs. I myself use the forum, but have only found myself posting once or twice. there is too much hostility there for my liking - mainly from the admin.

I think once it calms down we should all have a good device in our hands.

I would recommend the Xtreamer to my friends for it's cheap price and solid file support; however, if i was in your position i would be very tempted to look elsewhere.

Good luck - i hope you get somewhere with this.;)

10. Mr Lazy

Mr Lazy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +144
    That's shocking - if I was you I would have cancelled long ago - after that lack of customer service I don't care how good the product is or how much I wanted it - I'd take my money elsewhere. Of course, if they didn't respond to a refund request that would be another matter...

11. Karandras24

Karandras24
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Am sorry to hear all the problems you've been having with them.

However as i am considering buying either one of these or a popcorn hour a110, i have a couple of q's if you don't mind.

1. are you based in the uk?
    2. which site did you order from? the uk or the american one?

Also a suggestion maybe...

cancel your order, get your wedge back and get a friend / relative to order from them for you if you ever want any of thier gear.

Hope you get it sorted in the end.

Andi

12. lmaolmao

lmaolmao

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +180
    Karandras - dont bother with xtreamer, their reputation is horrible.

this isnt the first time they have had bad reports.

Get either a popcornhour or go for another realtak based player. xtreamer is cheap for a reason.

13. Dave-s

Dave-s
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I ordered from the international site.
    I read that people in the UK that ordered from the local site got their unit in less than a week.
    Today there are alternatives to the Xtreamer.
    ASUS is coming out with a unit that will cost 119 Euro (or dollars, I cant remember).
    ASUS is a reputable company that you can trust.
    I'd look into devices that are based on the Sigma chip. I read that the picture quality is better and the colors are more "real".

14. Karandras24

Karandras24
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers for the info dave-s.

Hope you get yours sorted soon.

Cheers lmaolamo.

i was already leaning towards the pch, coz i need the extra storage capacity.

think thats pretty much made my mind up for me.

Oh and sorry for the mini thread hijack dave.

Andi

15. vipergrm

vipergrm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +579
    I had bought one but cancelled almost immediately after due to poor aftersales support and the fact that it only has a 2.5" internal bay. I'm really glad I did. Got AC Ryan Playon instead and so far their customer services seems to be so much better it's laughable. That is appalling. I really feel sorry for you and I hope you get it sorted soon. Good luck! :smashin:

16. ajay16

ajay16

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    Mmmmmm cant wait for Arousing problems! :arty:

17. Dave-s

Dave-s
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Is it arising problems?
    Is arousing meaning sexually arousing?

Sorry, English isn't my native tongue.

18. Broadsword

Broadsword

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +454
    Not that kind of forum. :nono:

19. vipergrm

vipergrm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +579
    :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

20. pixelcriminal

pixelcriminal
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Dave,

I have the exact same problem as you and I am wondering if you managed to get a refund and if you did how so? I believe that xtreamer are doing this to everyone that paid via paypal and the support is so bad it makes me scream.

I am thinking of reporting the site to godaddy as it is godaddy hosted and I am also going to report it to various internet policing companies. It would be good to have another person to back up the stories. Do you know of more people with the same problem?

Look forward to hearing from you

Paul

21. Dave-s

Dave-s
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Paul,
    Sorry to hear you are encountering the same problems.
    Xtreamer have a lot to learn when it comes to customer service.
    I did not get a refund, but I did eventually receive my lost unit after 3+ months.
    I suggest you report them to Paypal. I filed a dispute even though the 45 day period was long over.
    The Paypal rep told me that if they get enough complaints they will consider terminating their business with Xtreamer.
    Most of the Israeli customers from the 2nd-3rd shipments had long delivery time, and were treated in the same manner.

Good luck.

22. pixelcriminal

pixelcriminal
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the quick reply! Well I cancelled the order in order to get the refund... I then stupidly listened to xtreamer support who told me to wait 7 days for refund then wait a little longer and before I knew it my 45 days were up and paypal just wont open the dispute as of yet.

Anyways I am still trying to either re open the order to at least get the product if a refund won't happen.

We will see what happens I will let you know.

PS How is the product is it worth the wait?

Paul

23. Dave-s

Dave-s
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You can open a dispute even though the 45 days have passed.
    The despute will not be processed, you will not get your money back, but it will be on the records, so in the future Paypal will know that Xtreamer are "problematic".
    All in all, the product does what it is supposed to do, but it is not yet mature.
    The interface is a bit sluggish, the connection to youtube does not always work, WiFi streaming is sometimes choppy, you cannot view streaming video from any website, only a predetermined few.
    Hopefully all these issues will be solved in the next firmware releases, but for the price I'd have to say it is a good deal.

24. ruru

ruru

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +53
    I had one, updated to 2.0x whilst it does what it does well i.e. playback of .AVI / .MKV etc..

We did not get on with the UI so it has now been replaced by XBMC Live running on the Acer Revo ION platform which is great and completely open in terms of looks / design etc..

R

25. Silkadin

Silkadin
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've had an iXtreamer Pro for a few years now.

Pro's:
    Plays every format I've thrown at it
    Room for an internal HDD (mine's 2tb)

Cons:
    Not as small as newer players
    Support is not only unhelpful, but seem to have an attitude with any critism or complaints (as others have said, they're quick to remove forum posts if it highlights an issue they can't fix.

Biggest Con (For me) is that depending on your TV, you may have audio sync issues through the HDMI. I've played the same file on other TV's and through the composite cables and sound's ok, but on my brothers 42" samsung 3d (7 series) tv, I can't fix the sync issues (common issue and no "solutions" found on Google fix it.

I'm now moving house and need to buy a new TV and don't know what works... I'll be steering clear of Samsung and 3D.

I wish there was a list of TV's proven NOT to cause this issue.

SO IF ANYONE HAS AN iXtreamer Pro and doesn't have audio issues using it on thier TV, please please please can you PM me or stick it on the forum. One day I'll get another streamer, but for now I'll be happy buying a TV that'll play without the audio sync issues (mostly when playing the MKV files.