1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Warning... there is no Guarantee

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by Layne RIP, Oct 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Layne RIP

Layne RIP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    My local gaming supplier the Kart Klub in Aldershot....(fantastic bunch of lads that have never steered me wrong before) have informed me that there is a hugh shortage of XBOX 360's and the chances of ANYONE getting there's before crimbo are very slim.
    Even if you have it pre-ordered!!

So many people have had to send out letters, emails or make calls to tell people that they can't guarantee a console on DEC 2nd is frankly laughable.

Beware especially if you have you 360 in order with an independent supplier as there allocation is going to be somewhere between 0 and 6 units, obviously bigger suppliers will get more.

The guys at the Kart Klub were infact so appalled at this they shut the shop early and went to the pub.

They don't even know when the next batch after DEC 2nd will be coming to the uk.. January isn't conformed either.... So much for Microsoft learning from their mistakes, they're obviously not as smart as they thought they were.

Anyone got Bill Gates's home address????

2. DanH

DanH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +56
    Would you prefer they released the 360 in good quantity in the US, then made us "Euro's" wait 6 months for it? (ala PSP) Or would you prefer that everyone, worldwide is in the same boat?

3. Overlord69

Overlord69

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +46
    Not another Xbox 360's are in short supply thread. :rolleyes:

4. Tejstar

Tejstar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,005
    More doom & gloom :(

5. Kopite4Ever

Kopite4Ever

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
    Ratings:
    +76
    hello Mr Obvious, lets clock another one to the board of 360 shortage's threads

6. Layne RIP

Layne RIP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    My point is that no one, even people who think that they have, has a guaranteed 360... it's gonna be a total lottery.

As it looks like it'll be about 6 months before we can all get hold of one anyway.. i don't see it would make much difference.

7. brain_stew

brain_stew

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Makes me glad that I've got a preorder at my local Dixons then. If indies are getting upto 6 consoles then the Dixons group are going to have a healthy enough number at launch, I'm number 6 at my local store so I should have no problems at all. After that there's always WH Smiths, Woolies, Argos and Asda to try on launch day.

8. Monty Burns

Monty Burns

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +139
    :rotfl: Couldn't of put it better myself although, i might of been less harsh :D

I wonder is ANY pre-order for ANYTHING ever garunteed a product? I doubt it very much!

OP:You might wana check the small print in future ;)

:)

9. Munkey Boy

Munkey Boy
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,365
    This is not anything we don't already know, do we have to have a new "there won't be many 360s" thread every day? The 2nd largest HMV in the country (Manchester) is only expecting 50 machines, I daren't think how many stores with less pre-orders will be getting!

10. Andy3

Andy3
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    Oh for Heaven's sake! What would we do without these MS experts that work down the local Kart Klub? What makes these people privvy to MS inside information? Nothing, that's what. It starts as drunken rambling at the pub and before you know it, it's confirmed Gospel Truth!
    I have a 360 on order from Game and so far I've not had an e-mail, letter, phone call or carrier pidgeon. :mad:

11. Monty Burns

Monty Burns

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +139

You know the good thing about carrier pidgeon? Once its delivered the message, you can eat it! :thumbsup:

Two birds with one stone anyone? :D

12. mal60908

mal60908

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am pretty confident most people will get one who pre-ordered early enough.

13. Overlord69

Overlord69

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +46
    Another thing with carrier pidgeon's is they tend to :censored: on you much like large companies like Micro$oft do. Get more made, I wan't mine now... :lease:

14. Tejstar

Tejstar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,005
    Is that really true? I didn't think things were that bad! :eek:

15. Layne RIP

Layne RIP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    I don't think it's got anything to do with the amount of pre-orders the stores have, it's just how many that store has been allocated... frankly if Microsoft think that 0-6 units for independant suppliers is fine i'll have 2 pints of what they're drinking.

16. Croker

Croker

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +54
    Some fella I met down the boozer turned out to be Elvis Presley, and we had a chat about Hitler's new house on Mars.

I'll be blunt - the blokes at Kart Klub appear to have, in your account, more insider info and knowledge about supply levels of the 360, and when shipments are going to be sent, than anyone else in the English-speaking world. Frankly, that's beyond ludicrous.

Better still is your claim that they shut the shop in disgust and went to the pub! Even if this is true - which I would use every fibre of my being to dispute - they're the world's worst independent retailer. "Ooh, low stocks...that's a blow. Let's close for the day". They'll be going bust in short order, mate. I'd hardly trust the "informed opinion" of a store whose staff consists of workshy layabouts such as the ones you have described.

Just read back what you've written, and acknowledge how stupid it is, even if only to yourself. "The chances of ANYONE getting one before Christmas are slim"?? It'd hardly be much of a product roll-out if only 2 men and a dog get one. Thousands upon thousands of people will get an Xbox 360 before Christmas. Supply may not meet demand, but I'm struggling to see the supply collapse that your "friends" at Kart Klub are telling you is certain to take place.

There are a number of possibilities regarding what your story - if true - actually means.

1 - the lads at Kart Klub don't know their a**e from their elbow, but are claiming to know lots of info to give the appearance of being genned up.
    2 - the lads at Kart Klub are having a bloody good laugh at your expense.
    3- there are no lads at Kart Klub, as you have invented the entire story yourself in an attempt to get attention.

You'll notice that I haven't included an option that says "the lads at Kart Klub are completely right". Guess why?

17. DanH

DanH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +56
    Its not a matter of what they think is fine. They know its not fine. Do you really think MS would miss out on an opportunity to make as much money as possible? They are making as many as they possibly can, but there simply wont be enough for launch day.
    And as for having to wait 6 months before we all get one, where did you get that from?

18. Croker

Croker

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +54
    The lads at Kart Klub, Dan. Keep up!

19. DanH

DanH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +56
  20. smashed

smashed

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +162
    Originally Posted by Layne RIP

My point is that no one, even people who think that they have, has a guaranteed 360... it's gonna be a total lottery

Are you sure?? Lottery?? Better pre-order as many as I can then..
    the more tickets,,. the more chance you have of "winning" 1 :suicide:

I would also agree with the comment about going down the pub in disgust. I would hardly say that doing that would increase my belief in them as a professional clued up company either. :rolleyes:

21. Munkey Boy

Munkey Boy
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,365
    Going off what he said, maybe so. How close he is to the truth - well, as close as anyone is this far from launch. We're all just making guesses, Kart Klub or HMV.

22. Cowden_harley

Cowden_harley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +217
    Mods this is getting laughable any chance of these "bickering enducing" threads being closed?

23. Munkey Boy

Munkey Boy
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,365
    Oh but we had a laugh?!? Fair point Cowden, I've lost count of how many of these things have been closed now, we get a new one every day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.