Warning Techtronics & Sony ns905

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by rmcphail, Jan 2, 2003.

1. rmcphail

rmcphail
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I just thought to warn anyone that the Techtronics Enterprise mod for the Sony DVP-Ns905 disables the SACD playback.
    The returns guy informed me that my onlu option is to return the player at a cost of £24 to me , as i did not inform them of this within 7 days. They will now replace the mod with the standard mod and give me some device to stick in the back to disable the macrovision. At the moment iam not certain what to do , throw it in the bin or try and get the money back .... any thoughts ????:mad:

2. jonnyv

jonnyv

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    Ive just looked at the techtronics site, and at your model dvd player. Under the features section it reads:

SACD Multi-channel playback

If the dvd player wont play sacd then the dvd player is 'not fit for the purpose' contact trading standards they will help.

3. Prav

Prav

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Yeah, don't let them fob you off like that. Definitely quote trading standards and they'll get scared. If I were you, I would demand a full refund and stay clear of Techtronics. Don't settle for anything thing else.

4. cybersoga

cybersoga

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    The Sony 905 DOES NOT NEED A CHIP MOD. Any sony center can make it muliregion with a service remote for £20.