1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Warning Samsung HTM140 & HTM150 are not progressive scan!

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by bonzobanana, Feb 23, 2003.

1. bonzobanana

bonzobanana

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +216
    Despite Samsung claiming otherwise on their website these home cinema systems as great as they are (5/5 in the what video review a month or so back which has only been given to one other system a yamaha system) they do not have progressive scan. The reasons I believe this are;

1. They do not give out a ntsc signal at all. If you insert a ntsc dvd and its region accepted it will convert it to pal 50hz.

2. There is no option in the menu's for selecting progressive scan.

3. There are no component output sockets.

4. Its highly unlikely to have pal progressive scan at this price point.

They are lovely players but they simply don't have progressive scan and therefore are being mis-sold.

:thumbsdow

2. kenfowler3966

kenfowler3966

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Mayby I am off the track, but I read recently that you can only have progressive scan with an NTSC source. There is as yet no accepted standard to apply it to PAL, and once the standard is agreed the players will have to be developed to use it? Hence progressive scan is just not available here at the ,oment.

Feel free to contradict if you know better!

3. vonhosen

vonhosen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    The standard has been agreed and players like Arcam DV88+ have been ratified & ship PAL Progressive enabled.