** Warning ** Panasonic DMP-BD10 Firmware v2.0 SD Multi-region hack no longer works!

mremulator

Established Member
Reaction score
As per subject really :( .

After I had flashed my player I noticed that region 1 DVD's would no longer play. So... I got out my Panasonic service remote, sent the code/hack, machine accepted code, rebooted, however, hack no longer works and I'm a little bit gutted now.

So if you want TrueHD & DTS-HD you won't be able to have the multi-region SD DVD playback functionality anymore. Shame :thumbsdow

Oh well, they give with one hand, and take away with the other. Nice one, Panasonic. :rolleyes:

Steve

Also, not sure how good the DTS-HD decoder is in the new firmware? I'm curious because DTS-HD sounds noticeably better via bitstream (DTS 5.1 only via coaxial connection) to my Arcam AVR300, compared to DTS-HD via analogue out on the Panasonic to the DVD-A inputs on the Arcam?

Thing is with LPCM on the Panasonic you can REALLY notice an improvement, hence why I wonder about the software decoder on-board for DTS-HD.

Any idea if the Oceania version of upgrade 2.0 has an impact on the region-free SD DVD capabilities of Australia's DMP-BD10.

I tried contacting Panasonic Australia - they didn't even know of the upgrade!
And had the stupid idea that upgrades were only advised if they corrected faults!

Any idea if the Oceania version of upgrade 2.0 has an impact on the region-free SD DVD capabilities of Australia's DMP-BD10.

I tried contacting Panasonic Australia - they didn't even know of the upgrade!
And had the stupid idea that upgrades were only advised if they corrected faults!

I would have thought that it applies to all regions. Is anyone else able to confirm my findings?

As per subject really :( .

After I had flashed my player I noticed that region 1 DVD's would no longer play. So... I got out my Panasonic service remote, sent the code/hack, machine accepted code, rebooted, however, hack no longer works and I'm a little bit gutted now.

So if you want TrueHD & DTS-HD you won't be able to have the multi-region SD DVD playback functionality anymore. Shame :thumbsdow

Makes you wonder what else manufacturers can do to shoot themselves in the preverbial feet these days. :mad:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom