warning messages ???

rob virgo

Standard Member
Reaction score
got my thompson hd box two weeks ago.Very happy until it started freezing and missing frames/sound loss for a second or five.it has now been very hard to turn on in the mornings,have had to pull power cord to reset and also it wont show planner/anytime or record.i just get a message PLEASE WAIT . i normally give up after a minute but have waiting ten.

Dodgy box ????

Things to try

1 Check both signals in the services menu are you getting decent quality an strength, are both locked?

2 Try a planner rebuild you won't lose anything, services-4-0-1-select

3 Some people say turning anytime off and auto standby off helps.

4 Try reformate, you will lose everything.

5 Ring sky and abuse them.

Monkey Alan;5382092 Things to try

1 Check both signals in the services menu are you getting decent quality an strength, are both locked?
looks ok

2 Try a planner rebuild you won't lose anything, services-4-0-1-select
will do

3 Some people say turning anytime off and auto standby off helps.
did,no avail

4 Try reformate, you will lose everything.
how do i complete

5 Ring sky and abuse them

will do too

got the box going after re booting several times,still have a ten minute job to start it up after i leave it for about two hours.Now the box is on but wont respond to remote commands even tho the red ack lite flashs on the box.

[Please observe the forum rules re swear words. JayCee. Moderator]

Seems like youve tried every thing....almost

last thing you could try is forcing a software update.
Turn off the power, leave for 30 seconds
whilst holding down the backup button ( on top of the box ) turn on the power switch
Keep holding in the backup button until all 4 lights; light up on the front of the box or you get an on screen message saying its updating, you can then let go of the button
Takes about 10 mins to update
After its finished it will shut down the box.
switch off the power again and wait 30 seconds
switch the power back on, dont press any thing on either the box or remote for 3 mins. ( this is roughly the time it takes to boot, pressing keys while it boots can cause problems )

if that dont work then number 5 :)

bagger ,

I got a NEW replacment box fitted today.the engineer suggested the drives were the fault and if it gave trouble again i should fit a new drive myself or even fit a bigger one !!!!!!

anyway i nosed around the settings after he went to set my own preferences and i found several channels in the other channels section.He didnt set them up so i can only presume its a secondhand or reconditioned box.

thoughts and where do i stand.i paid for a new box three weeks ago.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom