• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Warning for parents: sky hd software update and pin control

elhefepunk

Established Member
My sky hd receiver updated last night and i was greeted in from work by my missus who was quite angry... my daughters wh are 3 and 5 were watching disney films on sky+ like they do usually whilst my wife was in the kitchen preparing dinner, she came back into the lounge to be greeted by the kids watching jay and silent bob (a 18 film) which was recorded a few days ago with motherf++ker etc blasting out!

I have phoned up sky to report this as it seems that after the update the default of the new 'watershed' option is OFF, so all your 15 and 18 recordings can now be accessed during the day without a pin!

This may of been a freak issue with just my box but i thought i'd better give people a heads up to check it out as obviously some of the content on sky could be quite damaging to a child!

phorenzik

Established Member
The visibility of the adult channels defaults back to 'on' again too.

It's easily fixed by hiding them in the parental control section of the box.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom