1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Warning for Large Capacity Tivo users!

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by Dodgey, Feb 18, 2002.

Tags:
  1. Dodgey

Dodgey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all, I have upgraded my Tivo to about 280 hours by adding bigger hard drives using "TivoMad" software. No problems at all. Superb.

One problem though - Don't let your Tivo get carried away recording everything and everything, if you do, make sure you delete unwanted stuff promptly!!!

I went on holiday, came back to find about 12 pages of recorded material. No problem you would thing. But there is one serious pain...

Navigation through the "Now showing" pages when you select a program with the right arrow, for example, to delete a program is amazingly slow. It is related to the amount of programs you have recorded.

I started deleting material 3 days ago. At first it took 40 seconds to go from pressing the right arrow on a program in the list to getting to the next screen where you can delete the program, then another 20 seconds to delete and go back to the main list.

I've got rid of 4 pages of recordings so far and the delay is now down to about 10 seconds. It's going to take me a while longer to delete the rest!!!!

Be warned. Be very careful what you "thumbs up" if you have a high capacity Tivo.

p.s. does anyone know a shortcut for deleting programs?

2. xyznicko2577

xyznicko2577

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Quick deletion is one of the new features in version 2.5.5, you can use the clear button on your remote to do this.

3. Dodgey

Dodgey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thank God!!!

4. GOODMAP

GOODMAP
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    A memory upgrade should also speed up the menu access times if you haven't done this already.

I'm not speaking from personal experience but this is what the general masses seem to say in the TiVo Community Forum.