1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WARNING ABOUT SONY LCD RP Lamp

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by multiply, Aug 25, 2005.

1. multiply

multiply

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    I have a Grand Wega (not a DLP, but that is irrelevant to this warning) which is 3 years old.

The bulb suddenly failed last night and so I called the Sony Service centre this morning to get a replacement. They seem easy enough to fit yourself, by the way.

Anyway, I was told by the (curt) assistant on the phone that the cost of the bulb would be £230. Well, after I picked myself up off the floor, I asked if they had stock - which they did - and enquired whether they could send it out immediately so I would get it tomorrow (in time for the Bank Holiday weekend).

Now, here's the thing- the Sony Service Centre have a policy of not accepting credit card payments of over £200!!!! They will ONLY accept cheque - not debit card, not bank transfer... just a cheque.

The TV cost me £4000. I was even willing to pay £230 for a replacement light bulb(!). However, what I will NOT tolerate is stupid, thoughtless Customer Service Policies! No more Sonys for me, and please remember this tale when considering that purchase of their latest Rear Projection. :mad:

:thumbsdow

2. LV426

LV426
    Administrator Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    Sony don't make DLPs. Moving.......