Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

WARNING ABOUT SONY LCD RP Lamp

Discussion in 'Sony TVs Forum' started by multiply, Aug 25, 2005.

1. multiply

multiply

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    I have a Grand Wega (not a DLP, but that is irrelevant to this warning) which is 3 years old.

The bulb suddenly failed last night and so I called the Sony Service centre this morning to get a replacement. They seem easy enough to fit yourself, by the way.

Anyway, I was told by the (curt) assistant on the phone that the cost of the bulb would be £230. Well, after I picked myself up off the floor, I asked if they had stock - which they did - and enquired whether they could send it out immediately so I would get it tomorrow (in time for the Bank Holiday weekend).

Now, here's the thing- the Sony Service Centre have a policy of not accepting credit card payments of over £200!!!! They will ONLY accept cheque - not debit card, not bank transfer... just a cheque.

The TV cost me £4000. I was even willing to pay £230 for a replacement light bulb(!). However, what I will NOT tolerate is stupid, thoughtless Customer Service Policies! No more Sonys for me, and please remember this tale when considering that purchase of their latest Rear Projection. :mad:

:thumbsdow

2. LV426

LV426
    Administrator Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,823
    Sony don't make DLPs. Moving.......