Warning about Cornwall Camper Conversions/Boss Campers - Fraudsters

towbartone

Standard Member
Reaction score
Morning all,

My colleague and friend has been conned out of a substantial amount of money by Cornwall Camper Conversions, who also trade as Boss Campers. The owner, Anthony Gaughan is now being investigated for fraud.

So far I've found the following information:

Camper Conversions
Cornwall Camper Conversions | Camper Conversions In Cornwall

Boss Campers
Boss Campers CamperConversions Cornwall

Company Information

CORNWALL CAMPER CONVERSIONS LIMITED - Overview (free company information from Companies House)

BOSS CAMPERS LIMITED - Overview (free company information from Companies House)

BOSS CAMPER CONVERSIONS LIMITED - Overview (free company information from Companies House)

Boss Sporthomes - Luxury Race Van & day Van Conversions

I'm not sure what the likelihood of my friend getting his money back is, but I want to warn others, before they scam anyone else out of their money. They're very happy to take the money, but after that it's excuse after excuse about why the furniture hasn't been delivered, until silence - they block emails and calls completely.

Hope the above information helps prevent another victim.

Dan

Details of current victims:

Name: Richard Cosser
Amount: £1,085 by Bank Transfer
For: T4 van furniture
When: October 2015
Current situation: The order was delayed in October, November and December. Since Christmas, Richard has had no contact from Anthony. Phone numbers are no longer working and emails are being ignored. No word on having his money returned, or the furniture delivered.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Dan we know exactly how your friend feels , we have paid a huge amount of money to these guy's after meeting them on holiday in Cornwall in August. Promised our van by Christmas week not arrived, company Mobile and land line cut off, only had the occasional email. Now promised van by end of Jan. Contemplating police now

Hi Dan we know exactly how your friend feels , we have paid a huge amount of money to these guy's after meeting them on holiday in Cornwall in August. Promised our van by Christmas week not arrived, company Mobile and land line cut off, only had the occasional email. Now promised van by end of Jan. Contemplating police now

That's terrible. I've replied to your PM.

My friend had communication up until Christmas but nothing since. I've emailed you with what steps to take next, you should act ASAP. Watchdog and Fraud Investigation Unit are now investigating.

I suggest you spread the word as much as possible and post on as many forums as you can.

Hi Dan is it under investigation with Cornwall police do you know because we are in Nottingham??

It's under investigation with the police in Cornwall. My friend has reported it to Action Fraud: Action Fraud

I have been having dialogue with Paul Gaughan via Facebook, who is the brother of the owner, but apparently has nothing to do with the business. He's promised to help, but not heard anything since.

Hi I got scam back in July last year it is being investigated by Trading Standards St Austell contact Andy May. I can tell you Anthony Gaughan also known as Roger Cox is on bail at present I saw him turn up at the police station last Wednesday at 11am I don't know if he was remanded it was his second appearance Paul Gaughan is a co Director of Cornwall Camper Conversions pm me for more information

I've since discovered a lot more information, but I think it's best to keep it off the forums until the investigations are dealt with.

Suffice to say, don't deal with Anthony Gaughan

Last edited:
I've since discovered a lot more information, but I think it's best to keep it off the forums until the investigations are dealt with.

Suffice to say, don't deal with Anthony Gaughan, Paul Gaughan or Jason Cox.

Hi I have also be conned out o £500 , have numerous numbers and emails and they now don't reply :( I've contacted action fraud ..

Me too, a LOT of money!
I've reported to Action Fraud and have tried to contact Andy May without much success so have left a voicemail - hoping he gets back to me. We have found out a surprising amount of information, amazing what you can actually find out about people really.

We've been trying to find out about his recent court hearing and when his next one is etc without much success so if anyone has more info it would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Hi I got scam back in July last year it is being investigated by Trading Standards St Austell contact Andy May. I can tell you Anthony Gaughan also known as Roger Cox is on bail at present I saw him turn up at the police station last Wednesday at 11am I don't know if he was remanded it was his second appearance Paul Gaughan is a co Director of Cornwall Camper Conversions pm me for more information

Hi @Penniless which Police Station was this please?

Really feel for you guys.

The fact this has affected so many on this forum means there must be many many people they've hurt.

Hope you guys get a resolution and thanks for the warning

Really feel for you guys.

The fact this has affected so many on this forum means there must be many many people they've hurt.

Hope you guys get a resolution and thanks for the warning

In all fairness only the thread starter is an established long-term forum member, the others affected probably only joined as a result of searching the web, but that said it shows the power of Google!

You are all welcome incidentally, just a word of warning as this thread continues it will be closely moderated and anything potentially libelous will be removed.

@chrisfraser05 @rousetafarian Thank you both :)

I for one only found the forum because of good ol' Google. There are potentially scores of people affected by this, I know that the guys at the garage that Anthony Gaughan dealt with are owed in the region of £16,000 - a terrible loss for a small business

Yes we lost 15000 pound to these people
We remortgaged our house
I really feel for them
Wish they Could have seen my 5 and 7 year old girls faces when we told them we had been ripped off and wouldn't be going to Disney land

Last edited:
I can only begin to imagine, my Grandchildren (and my grown up kids too) were all so excited about getting the van last year. This was to be something we could all share and enjoy as a family. So upestting to have to let children down especially when it's through no fault of your own

We even sat in his office with our kids
And to think all the time he was going to rip us off

We visited on quite a few occasions, saw "our van" in different build stages and everything. What I don't understand is his need to mug people off - he clearly had the potential to have a really good business, the work we saw was really good and he seemed so passionate about what he di, surely it's easier to be legitimate than to do what he's done ..... The mind boggles!

I've seen it before. Small business sets of with good intentions. Snowballs and can't cope. Buries head in sand and eventually leaves a trail of destruction as they rob Peter to pay Paul. My Brother in law served time for such an offence. He was to weak to put the brakes on and was out buying Mercs instead of returning customers money. He ended up with jail, penniless, homeless, divorced and limited contact with his 2 kids. I can still remember the day he sat at the family barbecue and told me he had an idea for a business...

@DarenD Thanks for that! A different perspective always throws a different light on things, such a shame when someone's life goes down the toilet like that regardless of the where's and why for's. It's his poor family I feel sorry for, they're the ones having to deal with the fallout more than anyone else I imagine

Anthony Gaughan / Roger Cox reported for bail at Newquay Police Station 13th January @11am
I watched him go to the cage at the back entrance, his girl friend came from no where abandoned her car with an older male inside in the road & started mouthing off at me because I took a picture of him, he nor I spoke, she then flagged a police car down & thought she could get me arrested, I was told I could not use the photograph which I had no intention I wanted for my file, I then walked away but she was still mouthing off. I didn't hang around to find out the out come of bail.

Hi @Penniless, thanks for sharing ........ So is he on Police bail? I guess he must be if there's been no court hearing as yet, wonder when the hearing will be then ........

@DarenD Thanks for that! A different perspective always throws a different light on things, such a shame when someone's life goes down the toilet like that regardless of the where's and why for's. It's his poor family I feel sorry for, they're the ones having to deal with the fallout more than anyone else I imagine

I certainly don't condone anything where people fall foul to fraud. But as you say there are 2 sides it's just a shame it doesn't work out positive for either side.

I certainly don't condone anything where people fall foul to fraud. But as you say there are 2 sides it's just a shame it doesn't work out positive for either side.

Yup. Right side of the law, and the wrong side! :D

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom