Warners HD-DVD and Blu-ray releases!

Jim Morrison

No official announcements or release dates yet, but Warner Brothers have updated both their Blu-Ray & HD-DVD lists and Batman Begins, Casablanca, Matrix Trilogy (all 3 films also available seperately on both formats), Poseidon & V For Vendetta are now included on the Blu-Ray list!
http://www.warnervideo.com/warner_bros_hi_definition/us/html/titles.html

Here are some of the other new titles listed for both formats:

10,000 B.C.
The Adventures of Robinhood
Appleseed Ex Machina
The Assassination of Jesse James
August Rush
The Aviator
Batman Begins
Batman Anime
The Best of HD DVD: Family
The Best of HD DVD: Action
Bonnie and Clyde
Brave One
The Bucket List
Casablanca
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
The Cincinnati Kid
Clash of the Titans
Complete Matrix Trilogy
Cool Hand Luke
Dark Knight
The Dead Pool
Dirty Harry
The Enforcer
Falling Down
The Feast of Love
Fool's Gold
Fred Claus
Friends: The Complete First Season
Get Smart
The Goonies
Grand Prix
The Green Mile
Harry Potter (All of them being sold seperate)
Heat
I Am Legend
In the Valley of Elah
The Invasion
Justice League: The Frontier
L.A. Confidential
Magnum Force Deluxe Ed
Matrix (All of them being sold seperate)
The Matrix Online Game Card
Men
Michael Clayton
Mutiny on the Bounty
Natural Born Killers
Nights in Rodanthe
No Reservations
Ocean's (All of them being sold seperate)
One Missed Call
Perfect Storm
Poltergeist
Poseidon
The Promise
Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves
Smallville: The Complete First Season
Speed Racer
Spring Breakdown
Sudden Impact
Superman Doomsday
Taking Lives
That's Entertainment
That's Entertainment 2
That's Entertainment 3
That's Entertainment Trilogy Giftset
Twister
The Ultimate Matrix Trilogy
V for Vendetta
The West Wing: The Complete Seventh Season
Whiteout
The Wizard of Oz

Dirty Harry, Heat, L.A Confidential, Poltergeist, Wizard Of OZ......Oh My.

featherhall

Distinguished Member
I have the HDDVD of Casablanca, and all I will say is that you Blue Ray guys are in for a major treat. Awesome movie, done justice in HD. Enjoy. Outstanding transfer :thumbsup:

I am also pleased that the Matrix trilogy is being sold seperately. Now I can just buy the first film

Rasczak

Distinguished Member
Matrix (All of them being sold seperate)
Well this will cheer alot of people up! It amazes me that so many held off buying either Matrix boxset simply because they thought the last two movies were gash. Admittedly they were though... :suicide:

As for the rest of the list - is that Warners 2007 Q4 release plan? Have to admit there isn't that much on there for me :( I'll pickup Oceans 13 but aside from that nothing else is on the list :eek: Thankfully Paramount, Fox and Universal have strong lineups :thumbsup:

Pecker

Distinguished Member
Big thanks, Jim.

You might want to ask the mods to change the title for you, as it looks initially like being of interest to BD fans only. In reality there's loads of great news for fans of both formats.

In my sights:

Bonnie and Clyde
Cool Hand Luke
The Green Mile
Harry Potter (1-3 + 5)
Heat
L.A. Confidential
Natural Born Killers
The Wizard of Oz

BOLD = immediate purchase
ITALICS = will buy eventually.

Cheers for the heads up.

I have the HDDVD of Casablanca, and all I will say is that you Blue Ray guys are in for a major treat. Awesome movie, done justice in HD. Enjoy. Outstanding transfer :thumbsup:

I agree with every word. The transfer is almost as great as the film. And that's one great film!

Steve W

domtheone

Distinguished Member
Just noticed Friends on that list.

Was i shot on Film or Video I wonder? edit: quick check on imdb says it was 35mm film.

Always thought the series looked pretty ropy on DVD/TV.

If it was shot on film and came out in glorious HD, I would definately be tempted to pick up a few series of them....

KeanosMagicHat

This is more like it.

There are some great movies on that list JM, thanks for posting it.

I have a question though and please don't anyone misinterpret it as, "format war incitement".

I'm fairly new to the world of HD so how come Warner seem to be releasing major titles first on HD-DVD?

As a, supposedly, format neutral studio shouldn't they be releasing simultaneously?

Not that this makes it right, but just so I understand the full scenario, does it ever happen the other way around?

Cheers.

Rasczak

Distinguished Member
I'm fairly new to the world of HD so how come Warner seem to be releasing major titles first on HD-DVD?

As a, supposedly, format neutral studio shouldn't they be releasing simultaneously?
Warner are entirely neutral - where possible they release titles day and date on HD DVD and BluRay. The differences to date have generally come when they include PiP features and so forth on the HD DVD but, as current BluRay players do not yet support these features, they have held back the BluRay equivalent until after Profiles 1.1 and 2.0 are supported by new players. We can expect this by years end and thus will hopefully see Warner catch up on the 'missing' BluRay releases.

Not that this makes it right, but just so I understand the full scenario, does it ever happen the other way around?
I think there are one or two examples but I can't remember titles.

chelsea.tone

Distinguished Member
"HEAT" best heist film made ! A must buy for me (got Region 1 and 2 on SD)

:smashin:
Just pre-ordered Blade Runner Ultimate, POTC: Worlds End and Spider Man Trilogy

:smashin:

KeanosMagicHat

Warner are entirely neutral - where possible they release titles day and date on HD DVD and BluRay. The differences to date have generally come when they include PiP features and so forth on the HD DVD but, as current BluRay players do not yet support these features, they have held back the BluRay equivalent until after Profiles 1.1 and 2.0 are supported by new players. We can expect this by years end and thus will hopefully see Warner catch up on the 'missing' BluRay releases.

Ok so it's a technical issue. No worries.

Going slighty more off topic but just one question. Do you, or indeed anyone else, expect the PS3 to get a firmware update to accept these new profiles, thus allowing access to this additional content?

Rasczak

Distinguished Member
Do you, or indeed anyone else, expect the PS3 to get a firmware update to accept these new profiles, thus allowing accesss to this additional content?
Absolutely. BluRay is such an integral part of the PS3 and vice versa - the idea that the console won't support the full features of the format at the earliest opportunity is unimmaginable.

Jeff

Distinguished Member
Well this will cheer alot of people up! It amazes me that so many held off buying either Matrix boxset simply because they thought the last two movies were gash. Admittedly they were though... :suicide:

I got all 3 movies for the price of 1.:D

chelsea.tone

Distinguished Member
Ok so it's a technical issue. No worries.

Going slighty more off topic but just one question. Do you, or indeed anyone else, expect the PS3 to get a firmware update to accept these new profiles, thus allowing access to this additional content?

Yes, think this will end up as a top spec player :smashin:

C

CRUEFAN

As for the rest of the list - is that Warners 2007 Q4 release plan? Have to admit there isn't that much on there for me :( I'll pickup Oceans 13 but aside from that nothing else is on the list :eek: Thankfully Paramount, Fox and Universal have strong lineups :thumbsup:
No that isnt the q4 line up , some of those movies (10,000bc and Dark Knight etc) dont get released in cinemas till 2008.Its just a list of planned releases , with no official release dates.

Rasczak

Distinguished Member
No that isnt the q4 line up , some of those movies (10,000bc and Dark Knight etc) dont get released in cinemas till 2008.Its just a list of planned releases , with no official release dates.
Oh, I see - I thought some of the titles looked a little 'unknown' - I guess that's because they haven't been released yet.

Am I right in thinking much of Warners Christmas slate hasn't yet been dated, including V, Batman and Matrix on Blu-ray.

inzaman

Thats a pretty smart list, i really hope that Heat is out this year :lease:

BadAss

Banned
Am I right in thinking much of Warners Christmas slate hasn't yet been dated, including V, Batman and Matrix on Blu-ray.

At the moment they've only got 12 movies listed for the whole of Nov and Dec and that include 5 HP movies.

norealplan

Distinguished Member
i'll second that,think this film would sell really well,so many hi-def owners would buy this

Totally agree. It's one of my favs, and everyone that has seen it just knows they want to hear that shoot out in lossless audio :smashin:

epicdream

Yo Rasczak!

In response to your question on a similar thread that got closed... I will be the one buying Twister!!! :D

I loved it... :clap:

... I'll get me coat

MJeeves

Yes. That is right... "NIGHTS IN RODANTHE" is another 2008 theatrical release.

Dave H

Twister for me as well :thumbsup:
I can retire my Reg 1 DTS snapper.

Dave.

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Ruark introduces R5 Signature audio player
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
JBL launches compact 4309 Studio Monitor speaker
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
TCL launches TS8132 Dolby Atmos soundbar
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Roku announces Express 4K streamer and new OS 10