Warner contribute to Rip-Off Britain

michaelm

Ex Member
Reaction score
I dunno if this is the right forum for this thread, but as it concerns Cinema, here goes.

My wife took our 2 daughters to see Princess Diaries at the Warner Village, Odyssey Centre Belfast yesterday. It cost £10 for the tickets.

However, myself, the aforementioned wife and one of our daughters went there today to see Lord of the Rings and the cost was £12. The ticket girl said it was because it was New Year's Day. When we complained about the price hike over the previous day, she called the manager.

I asked him to explain why it was their policy to charge an extra £1 per head just because it was New Year's day. He replied that "the movie distributors demanded it."

I told him that I closely followed the movie industry and that this was untrue. He then confirmed, red-faced, that it was Warner, who have "close ties" with the movie industry, who demand the extra charge for Bank Holidays.

Anyway, he backed down over the price and we were charged student prices. We also got 2-for-1 vouchers.

My wife and I recently decided that we were no longer going to get it stuck to us by "Rip-Off Britain" companies. It is only when more people take a stand over issues such as this that things will start to change.

i agree that is bang out of order :( its to exspensive already.

MichaelM,

Firstly, well-done for complaining to the cinema! Most people wouldn't have noticed, or done anything about it.

Secondly, you should also have said to the manager, that if this was the way he was going to treat his patrons, then you and your family, friends and relatives, would not be patronising their cinemas ever again, and would be going to rivals, where such idiotic practices (hopefully) don't take place!

Warners really are total arse-holes! Charging anything on top of the already inflated ticket prices, is hardly going to endear them to their customers. And anyhow, Warners need all the good publicity and customers they can get their hands on, at this moment in time! Especially, considering the way they treat amazing films on DVD with such shoddy respect, i.e. releasing Pan and Scan-only versions of children's films here and in the US; releasing top-notch films with no extras whatsoever; releasing films in cardboard boxes, etc, etc.

Warners are the ultimate in the worst of the money-grabbing corporations that still exist in this world! I say vote with your money - don't go to Warner cinemas, or buy Warner DVD's!

Pooch

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom