Warner Brothers titles from France

Mr Lime

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I recently bought French editions of the first two Harry Potter films in their extended versions, as it was a very inexpensive way of getting these on Blu Ray and there were no burnt in French subtitles.

Can anyone tell me if no burnt in subs is the norm with all Warner titles from France? The reason I ask is that they have a very good price for this...

James Dean - Géant + La fureur de vivre + À l'est d'Eden Blu-ray: Amazon.fr: James Dean, Elizabeth Taylor, Rock Hudson, Carroll Baker, Jane Withers, Chill Wills, Dennis Hopper, Natalie Wood, Sal Mineo, Jim Backus, William Hopper, Julie Harris

...as opposed to $70 + import charges for the US edition.

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
That James Dean set is available to pre-order at Amazon.co.uk for £21.01

or at Sainsburys for £17.99.

It's missing 1 disc compared to the US set - I think it's a documentary on George Stevens - but not worth paying the extra money just for that.

My order is in at Sainsburys.

Warner don't do burnt (forced) subs for different regions, The retail discs are pretty much the same worldwide.

The set Mr Lime's referring to is the similar to the US UCE and not the one listed on Sainsbury's or Amazon.uk.

Amazon.com: James Dean Ultimate Collector's Edition (Blu-ray): Movies & TV

***Edit***I notice Amazon have added a photo illustrating the same booklet, posters and photos included with the US set. The listing only indicates the disc content. Are we getting all the other pap as well?

Last edited:
— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
If you look at the pic on Amazon.co.uk it seems to have very similar content to the US set, but is in a smaller package. If you think a bigger box and one extra doc is worth the extra £££'s, then by all means go for it.

The smaller pack (and price) is a bonus as far as I'm concerned and £17.99 is great value for these films.

If you look at the pic on Amazon.co.uk it seems to have very similar content to the US set, but is in a smaller package. If you think a bigger box and one extra doc is worth the extra £££'s, then by all means go for it.

The smaller pack (and price) is a bonus as far as I'm concerned and £17.99 is great value for these films.
I first noticed that listing on Amazon's UK site earlier this week and they didn't have the additional photo showing all the pap. £18 is good enough for me with or without the additional content.

I suspect that the boxes are the same size from the scale of the book compared to the blu-ray & DVD discs in the picture but the three versions just have different slipcases with the UK version just being orintated vertically

I suspect that the boxes are the same size from the scale of the book compared to the blu-ray & DVD discs in the picture but the three versions just have different slipcases with the UK version just being orintated vertically

Yes, you may be right. Still, great value from Sainsburys.

Just spotted the Amazon UK set. So the French issue is a moot point! :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom