• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Warm sounding speakers required

Warm sounding speakers required!

• Speakers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wharfedale

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Lealows

Novice Member
Hello I am looking for advice and suggestions on acquiring a set of warm sounding bookshelf speakers,I have a cambridge audio cxa60 with chord speaker cable,I am currently running q acoustics concept 20 which I am happy with but my girlfriends tinnitus isnt! I am considering the wharfedale dentons,has anyone out there got any other ideas,the speakers wil be on concept 20 stands.

ShanePJ

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
I would say if you are trying to create a warmer sound, then the Q Acoustics are not really classified as a bright speaker with them probably only being a little less brighter than the Monitor Audio Bronze speakers which are classed as a warm speaker.

I feel, due to the nature of your partners condition, it might be more prudent to let her audition the speakers you have chosen to see if they make any difference

I say this with a little scepticism as I’m not convinced any type of speaker will aid her

Lealows

Novice Member
thanks for your reply,I mentioned the wharfedales because she likes the sound of her fathers old celestions,I think that old warm british sound is what im looking for and cannot see past the wharfedale dentons,I just wondered if there were any alternatives,

ShanePJ

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
If you cannot find a pair of speakers that suit your partner, then it maybe that the best course of action for you and your partner is to look at getting the same speakers as her fathers on the second hand market. Then the only differences are the room/amp/cables and maybe the music too which you could look at further down the road

D

Deleted member 39241

Kef R series are a lovely warm sounding speaker. Peter Tyson were selling off the old series at reduced prices, not sure if they still have stock.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom