Warhawk PS3 Reviews

How would you rate Warhawk?

• Total voters

BradleyLove

Seeing as Durera has done this in the 360 Games section, I suppose it makes sense to have a PS3 version so here goes.

413HEDZGM9L._AA280_.jpg

So how do you feel about Warhawk?

Please! As a courtesy to others; avoid posting any spoilers in your reviews.

A 10 should only be given for a landmark game that sets new rules, a 9 for a truly excellent game without flaw, and an average game that does things right but nothing special should get a 5 (not a 7 or 8 like some would have you believe).

With thanks for Durera for providing the format (makes sense to keep it consistent across AVF).

Funky Munky

I gave it a 7.

Personally, I feel that the aircraft have too much of a dominant role. Every match I have played just turns into a dogfight with not many people actually willing to complete the objectives. It's a shame because the mechanics are great, and if the number of warhawks were limited (ala Battlefield's aircraft) then I think that there could end up being some great land battles which would suit the larger land based maps superbly.

One other thing, does anyone else feel as though there should be more weapons? I do!

Oh and yeah one more thing... anyone else think the games are over too quickly? I'm just getting into my stride and loving a level and then it ends!

Good game though, sorry for the criticism, don't get me wrong, money well spent in my opinion :thumbsup:

Jim_Fear

I gave it a 7 too, its good but it annoys me that you spend most of the time spinning around trying to shoot people, you can empty a whole clip of ammo into someone and they'll still have life, someone could be right next to a tank shell going off and survive, shooting a plane with a plane works wonders but why is it you can continuously unload on a guy and not even scratch him?! it feels fat too unbalanced, aside from that I enjoy it :)

Widge

I gave it a 7.

Personally, I feel that the aircraft have too much of a dominant role. Every match I have played just turns into a dogfight with not many people actually willing to complete the objectives.

Quite interesting! The bunch of people I was playing with... the Warhawks were taking a real pounding.... so it became a zone capture battle as opposed to an aerial one.

Sporran

i put 8 though i much prefer to stick to "on foot"

dub007

Hi this has probaly been asked! but what servers are ranked if not all, the reason i ask is it shows i have only 3 kills :eek: and played 3 times on my stats!!! but i no for sure i had many more games then that:confused:

dub007

I gave it a 7.

Personally, I feel that the aircraft have too much of a dominant role. Every match I have played just turns into a dogfight with not many people actually willing to complete the objectives. It's a shame because the mechanics are great, and if the number of warhawks were limited (ala Battlefield's aircraft) then I think that there could end up being some great land battles which would suit the larger land based maps superbly.

One other thing, does anyone else feel as though there should be more weapons? I do!

Oh and yeah one more thing... anyone else think the games are over too quickly? I'm just getting into my stride and loving a level and then it ends!

Good game though, sorry for the criticism, don't get me wrong, money well spent in my opinion :thumbsup:

I agree with you mate!!! but gave it 8 as i have not encounted one laggy game YET:rolleyes:

Moogle

Distinguished Member

Funky Munky

I just played on an official 'Zones' server, and that was more like it! People were trying to follow the objectives!

I'd recommend anyone to try the ranked zones games, much more fun than the old deathmatch etc! :thumbsup:

How good are the tanks? Loving them. I managed to shoot a couple of warhawks out the air with one just now. Oh and I shot down a warhawk in full flight with the sniper rifle :D

I'm going to raise my original score the an 8, as it's true, i've not encountered any lag what so ever so far.

sleepylaser

I voted 8 :thumbsup:

It's smooth up in the air and crisp down on the ground. Great fun, with maybe only a touch of variation in the tension of the game missing (because you tend to whip through the tighter parts of the map, you don't get so much of a chance to feel the situation you're in before the situation changes).

But maybe that's all that you can expect to get from these ground-air-ground games anyway. It's excellent for what it is :) And I'm ok being £20 lighter in return.

vtrnutter

Standard Member
Downloaded Warhawk the other night, and have to say that I am blown away by it. It is a bit like the old Battlefield 1942 from the PC but much more playable and fun.

Awesome, and I am totally addicted. It's a shame I asm so crap at it and keep getting blown out of the sky.

I reckon that this is the best game on the PS3 yet. Let's hope that future offerings are as good as this.:thumbsup:

winstano

I voted 9.

I've had a few games now, both with guys from the AVF clan and on my own, and it's just stunning. Graphically I think it's excellent, the lack of lag is just superb, and there's no better thing in any PS3 game I've played so far than jumping out of a tank just as a Warhawk's coming down firing at you, only to whip out the rocket launcher and fire it through the blaze that was your tank and turn the Warhawk into a fiery mess... :D

Widge

I will chip in with an 8 on this myself (esp since I don't like to bandy 9 or 10's about).

100% enjoyable game with some small flaws that updates can work out.

Perhaps some sort of auto-retry on server could go great guns to alleviating that dreaded GAME IS FULL issue.

But aside from that, once you're in, just absolute laughs all the way. No 'oh the single player game is crap' issues either with this! :D

jasinski

best game on ps3. love the ground battles, especially tanks. im still not understanding the lobby though eg lg 3 (lv4) now getting something like md (level 2). something like that. i just pick at random to be honest :D

HRL

Don't remember voting already but it says I have. :confused:

The variety, within what is quite a simple game when you get down to it, is surprising. Thought I'd have tired of playing this by now but I'm only just starting to get the hang of things.

Finding a nice vantage point, on high ground, in a tank, on the Island level, and then finding that I can shoot people on just about every section of the map was quite satisfying last night. It was a deathmatch game so no real objective other than killing people, capturing bases, and providing covering fire for my comrades.

Only thing that would improve this game would perhaps be the inclusion of a parachute as a couple of people have mentioned in the Warhawk thread already. That and perhaps an increase in max amount of players. 32 isn't as nice a figure as say 48 or 64.

Andyblizz

best game on ps3. love the ground battles, especially tanks. im still not understanding the lobby though eg lg 3 (lv4) now getting something like md (level 2). something like that. i just pick at random to be honest :D

I think the the lg is a large server cause they seem to have 32 players and the md are 24 players.

Normally it will then have game type CFT, VAR, TDM, DOG and the level 2 is just the number of the server.

But i could be completly wrong.

mwjdavies

I voted an 8

Great game, which Im still trying to learn! But much fun being had, which is what counts!

Nuggsy

The most fun I've had gaming in a long time and I particularly like balance between Warhawk, Ground Vehicle & Soldiers there is no definite advantage which makes for varied gameplay.
Would have scored this 10 but I have 3 complaints. 1 Not enough ranked servers. 2 It's difficult to game with friends unless you create the game (kind of the same issue). 3 Stat tracking can be a bit hit & miss & I personally like ranking up and getting the associated customisation of character options.
Graphics are superb, gameplay is brilliant so no complaints when in game it's just getting in them.
Would recommend to all especially as a £20 download!

BrynTeg

Distinguished Member
what about the headset version?? any good

Moogle

Distinguished Member
what about the headset version?? any good

The PSN download version and the blu-ray disc version are exactly the same game except that the latter comes with a bluetooth headset.

BrynTeg

Distinguished Member
not sure now which one to buy??

is the headset quality??

Moogle

Distinguished Member
not sure now which one to buy??

is the headset quality??

I don't have the game or the headset so I can't comment. i think the headset is one of the Jabra ones, possibly the 125 model.

The latest video from AVForums

Are the TCL MiniLED TVs better than OLED? TCL Interview with Marek Maciejewski | AVForums Podcast
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

iFi Audio launches NEO Stream music streamer with DAC
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Musical Fidelity launches M6x 250.7 multi-channel power amplifier
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Is Google set to rival Dolby Vision and Atmos?
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
'Tizen TV by Samsung' brands coming to UK?
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Denon announces five new 8K AV receivers
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom