Warhawk - Play & Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Please discuss any aspects of playing Warhawk in here and if you need any help, here's the place to ask for it.

Dave.

well first question - can anyone get on at moment ?

keep getting check network despite the fact that everything else works

Dave you could have just changed the title of the other thread brother. :rolleyes:;)

I knew someone would ask.:rolleyes:;)

I created a new thread because if someone came here for play or help info they would have to trawl through many pages of stuff that simply wasn't relevant.

Threads from AVF are also archived so having the same topic in each thread is quite important or it makes them useless for archiving.

I realise it seems stupid not to simply change the name of the thread but I have my reasons.:p

Same here, its not letting me login. "Check network connections" even though the playstation store and my internet works fine? Anybody else having problems? Must be a server issue or something?

Guess I will download the dirt demo in the mean time.

Andy

Played on my brothers PS3 whilst Warhawk was downloading on mine around 4pm yesterday and could join games no problem.

Finally got Warhawk 5:30pm yesterday and joined a couple of games. Went back on 9:30pm last night and spent an hour getting "unable to join". Occasionally got a message that the game was full but don't know why I was unable to join. Didn't have problems in any other game.

Anyone else had this? Is it a temporary glitch?

Are the WarHawk servers down. I can't get online. :(

Are the WarHawk servers down. I can't get online. :(

At least i know i'm not alone !! I've been trying for the last hour and keep getting the 'Servers not responding, check your network connections' message. All other games, PSN store and browsing are working fine so hopefuly its just the Warhawk servers that are down. Great game (when you can log in) though.:)

ideal time to create a local lan game join yourself + check out those maps !!!!:devil:

Two things...

- I have a US PS3 and was able to play Warhawk downloaded from the UK Playstation store.

- If you are having problems connecting to games (I don't) then check whether your router reports 'NAT3' in your PS3 Network status page (from PS3 main menu).

Oh, and loving the game...sorry, that's three things!

matt :thumbsup:

Just for the record I have NAT 2 and a good Wi-Fi connection. Haven't tried to connect today but struggled last night. Don't think it is unreasonable to expect an online ranked game (or any game) even when things are busy. I have paid to play an online game.

I'm sure there will be more people with Warhawk today than there was last night so for the next few weeks demand is only going to grow.

First post (years of being a lurker and warhawk turns me into a member..finally)
Well I'm sure someone will put up a guide on GameFaqs soon enough. In the meantime the main thing I've learnt to use so far is using lock-on.
Hold down L1 when in a warhawk to lock-on missiles to an enemy (not just homing missiles), also hold down R1 when in a missile turret or when on foot using the rocket launcher for the same effect. The missile turret is particularly effective, I guess as it's firing two missiles it's just a bit more tricky for the warhawk to shake off.

I struggled to join any of the user hosted games but could easily join the SCEE server games.

Yup, can't get on either. Was kicked out once last night but apart from that fine. Got the day off too! Grrr....

Well many of us had some time on it yesterday at least. :smashin:
Hey I played a lot of Battlefield 2, that had all kinds of bugs in the early days - didn't mean it was a poor game/experience though :)
I'm sure they'll get it sorted soon enough.

First post (years of being a lurker and warhawk turns me into a member..finally)
Well I'm sure someone will put up a guide on GameFaqs soon enough. In the meantime the main thing I've learnt to use so far is using lock-on.
Hold down L1 when in a warhawk to lock-on missiles to an enemy (not just homing missiles), also hold down R1 when in a missile turret or when on foot using the rocket launcher for the same effect. The missile turret is particularly effective, I guess as it's firing two missiles it's just a bit more tricky for the warhawk to shake off.
Thanks for the lock on method - it's been driving me mad that I'm blazing away at people and they survive, then I get blown to smithers with one shot off someone in a turret or another Warhawk. Great game, and I haven't had any trouble getting on a server and joining in yet. I like that after you die, you get shown who blew you up from where - makes payback a priority.

Mark
PSN - Englishman

I'm not getting on either, its sucks!!! I was playing on it until 13:30 to stop and have my lunch then i go and try and log back on and this happens.

I'm not happy, I wonder if Incognito and Sony knew the game was gonna be such an over-night success, and thats maybe why the servers are down, maybe there adding more, or the sheer amount of people playing it at the same time has caused a temporary system crash.

Hopefully it will be resolved soon, as I can see quite a few people downloading this game to play over the weekend.

Their's my little rant over and done with.

Shaun

They must have guessed this game would prove popular and they've had a online beta test so they cannot claim unforeseen server problems.

only problem I had originally was with my NAT setup on the PS3

for some reason the IP address was changing from a xxx.xxx.x.2 to a xxx.xxx.x.7 whilst my router DMZ config had it set to a xxx.xxx.x.2 IP to allow NAT 2 for my PS3... once NAT 2 was working I got onto everygame without any bother...

Might help some, certainly helped me.... just dying to finish up here now for some beers & Warhawk... W00t :smashin:

(better then her plans, dinner and the Big Brother final :thumbsdow )

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom