Warframe

King Tones

Distinguished Member
Space Ninja's are coming Bro's !

I love the look of this game, already available on PC & PS4 and has been for a while but looks like its coming to Xbox One soon hopefully.

Mr Original

I read on their official forums that they were aiming for July. Not heard anything since.

The game had very mixed reviews when it launched but has been patched and updated a lot since so if people are looking into the game for the first time don't rely on the original review opinions.

The game is free to play with a lot to spend your money on. It's very grindy but there is fun to be had without spending a penny. If you enjoyed Mass Effect 3's multiplayer you will probably enjoy this.

Stinja

It's a very solid game, not the greatest, and the first handful of missions are not the best showcase (drab corridors, not much enemy variety etc). Once you get past that it opens up.

The game in it's current state is nothing like at the PC launch, or even the PS4 launch - so the reviews are not the best judgement.

@Toasty and myself have put some hundreds of hours in, and while not wanting to sully your forums, there is a lot of useful info posted in the *cough* other thread:
Free-to-Play Shooter Warframe Coming to PS4 | AVForums

:hiya: I'm happy to answer questions, but don't frequent over here much...

Stinja

It's a third person Diablo 3. Ummm, well a scifi 3rd person Diabo, in space, with guns n stuff :smashin:

So moment-to-moment gameplay is 3rd person run n gun shooter, with parkour elements (think Mirror's Edge). it's up to 4-player co-op. The bigger game is loot driven, like Diablo or Borderlands: kill stuff, get drops, make weapons and (basically) character classes from materials, upgrade them by using them in-game.

Overall it's a light and easy game to enjoy, but is not a "serious" shooter. Although higher difficulty missions are much easier with skilled players. Much better with mates, both difficulty and socially-wise.

PS4 version just got Update 14 (aka U14), and graphical overhaul and better tutorial/intro missions, and presumably you chaps will get U14 on launch(?).
Free-to-Play Shooter Warframe Coming to PS4 | Page 5 | AVForums

A lot of people write it off because it's free to play, and the starting missions used to be uninspiring, but many who persist find the very solid game there. Have fun :hiya:

garts76

Disappointed with this, i was looking forward to it as well. Controls are iffy.

garts76

Have you checked the control settings?
I believe they are fully customisable.
Yeah controls are getting better the more I tweak them, im getting used to it now. So much customization its a bit overwhelming. I'll give it more time and see how it pans out. It is free so im not complaining.

King Tones

Distinguished Member
I have not even had a chance to give it a go yet. Just noticed on a video earlier it showed the controller setup. Hopefully get some time on it tomorrow.

garts76

Just got 30 mins into a level and a player joined game and it crashed :(

Stinja

So much customization its a bit overwhelming.
I felt it helps to push the FoV slider to max width - yes a console game with field of view adjustment! :eek:

Not sure how your controls are, i mapped powers A/B/C/D to dpad up/down/left/right, and use the touchpad for:
swipe up = map toggle
swipe down = player toggle
swipe left = set waypoint (you can mark mods, enemies and points of interest like hidden loot rooms)
swipe right = equipment 1 (which is scanner)
click touchpad = equipment wheel selector

Also adjusting your slide / crouch / wall run configs are useful. It's not a cover shooter, so fast movement, with parkour to run on walls (while shooting) -> jump to melee AoE -> slide shooting -> slide melee attack.
There's also a technique called "zorencopter-ing" (originally discovered using the Zoren axes weapons), where you can run -> jump -> air-slide -> melee, and basically propels you forward at super speed, meaning you can jump massive gaps.

NewMan

...and use the touchpad for:
swipe up = map toggle
swipe left = set waypoint (you can mark mods, enemies and points of interest like hidden loot rooms)
My controller doesn't have a touchpad... :(

:)

I started playing this last night and it's pretty good, if a little frenetic (and maybe I'm getting old, but sometimes I couldn't even see who was shooting at me!). Started at about 7ish and before I realised, it was 11:30 and I was still going.
Playing it stealthy is quite fun though - but could be enhanced if it had a decent cover system mainly so you could peek round corners and such.
Honestly can't knock it because it's free, but I just hope they don't push you down the "oh, I see you've invested a good few hours in this game, but only in-app purchases will get you any further..." road. That would annoy me.

garts76

I felt it helps to push the FoV slider to max width - yes a console game with field of view adjustment! :eek:

Not sure how your controls are, i mapped powers A/B/C/D to dpad up/down/left/right, and use the touchpad for:
swipe up = map toggle

Also adjusting your slide / crouch / wall run configs are useful. It's not a cover shooter, so fast movement, with parkour to run on walls (while shooting) -> jump to melee AoE -> slide shooting -> slide melee attack.
There's also a technique called "zorencopter-ing" (originally discovered using the Zoren axes weapons), where you can run -> jump -> air-slide -> melee, and basically propels you forward at super speed, meaning you can jump massive gaps.

Mapped controls? Think im getting too old for this. Im even more confused.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Best Hi-Fi products of 2020, Plus Best of the Month for TV Shows & Movies

Latest News

AVForums Podcast: 25th November 2020
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
Sky agrees movie deal with Entertainment One
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
What's new on Amazon Prime Video UK for December 2020
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Lypertek renames TEVI wireless earphones to PurePlay Z3
  • By Andy Bassett