Warfdale pack with Yamaha DSPAX630SE?

J

Jumping

Hello

Been looking into getting my first set of surround system, been looking around the net for reviews and checking for feedback to users in this forum.

I think I have found a setup that is within my budget (if i get the damn pay rise :)

Yamaha DSPAX630SE with WHARFEDALE DIA.8 SCREEN 3 PACKBLACK are they a good match?

QED-uk.com have really good prices on both so was thinking of ordering from there..or is there other places that are cheaper?

Thanks
Kim

QED is a good start for the amps. The only other I can think of is unbeatable.co.uk

Thanks

think qed had a litle better prices but more to choose from at unbeatable... so many manufacturers so many questions..both for speaker sets and amps.

I've got the Yamaha RX-V420 (last years model) with the Wharfedale Diamond 8.3. The speakers are excellent for the money and I can recommend QED for their price and service. Might be best to ring to check stock but if they've got it they usually deliver next working day. The speakers and the amp have got great reviews in What Hi-fi and I would go along with the opinions.

Hello

Been looking about again on the web and found this Yamaha speaker set YAMAHA NS-P320 SUB+5SPEAKERS BLACK, they are a bit cheaper than the warfdale's and my question is how do they rate against the warfdale pack?

It would save me about £100 which my girlfriend would apreciate but I coult probably talk her into the warfdales if they are a lot better... :)

Thanks

Kim

Originally posted by Jumping
Hello

Been looking about again on the web and found this Yamaha speaker set YAMAHA NS-P320 SUB+5SPEAKERS BLACK, they are a bit cheaper than the warfdale's and my question is how do they rate against the warfdale pack?

It would save me about £100 which my girlfriend would apreciate but I coult probably talk her into the warfdales if they are a lot better... :)

Thanks

Kim

Ooh good question, i myself am looking at the Yammy NS-P320, so i'll be keeping a close eye on this thread.

The Yamaha speakers are a sub/sat system. The vast majority of sub/sat (especially at these prices) are not good for music. If you only want to listen to movies they can sound fine - but music will sound tinny. That's fine if you then use speaker B on your Yamaha for "real" speakers.

I think that you would probably prefer the Wharfedale sound BUT they do take up more space. If I was you I would go and get a demo at a HiFi shop.

I purchased the Diamond speakers from QED this week for use with my yammy dsp-a5, no problems, great sound with music and films. A bargain at the price.

Barry

Definateley better to get the Wharfedales rather than the Yamaha NPS's. I originally had the NPS220's, they were good for movies but I upgraded to the Wharfdales after 5 months and they are brilliant in comparison and much, much better for music.

Ok thanks for the info guys, seems like i have to go with the Warfdales...kinda thought that they would be much better :)

How much would the lach of a sub hurt my movie experience? Because I dont think I would be able to talk my girl into gettign the Warfdales and then add a sub onto the price straight away :(

Well better start to sweet talking her so I can order this stuff asap.

Thanks again for all your help
Kim

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom