Waratah Vs Play.com

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by dllord, Oct 26, 2005.

Tags:
  1. dllord

dllord

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    I'm going to be getting a Sammy LE40R51B in the next few weeks and will probably get it for one of these two sites! I know that a lot of people say Waratah are great with good customer service and stuff but Play.com have the same TV for £40 less! Has anybody bought a TV from Play.com and whats their customer sevices like if something goes wrong etc.

Any replys would be great! :)

2. Rookies

Rookies

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +532
  3. smallmanongn

smallmanongn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I wouldn't be keen on sending a faulty set back to Play if something goes wrong with it,just my two pence worth.

4. shrek101

shrek101

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I am most likely going to get the 26" LE26R41BDX from Waratah as its £28 cheaper than play for me. I would be hesistant about Play sending it back though, although I am sure these tvs get shipped from manufactuer.

5. Gumbe

Gumbe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Spoke with Waratah today. They get there stock direct from Samsung so they are pretty sure that all their tv's have had the firmware updated to eliminate some of the tearing issues others have had.

Other suppliers (i don't know if play is included in this) will get theirs through another distributor so they might have an older manufacturing date and so no firmware update.

The Waratah staff seem pretty knowledgeable about the samsungs.

The biggest bonus for me however is that they are based 10mins down the road from me so I can go and pick my tv up (or take it back if I have any probs!)

Currently have the 32" in stock but no 26" until next week