1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

waratah.co.uk

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by scott1527, Oct 26, 2005.

1. scott1527

scott1527

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i ordered my le32r41bd last wednesday and was expecting it to arrive on the following mondya (due to saturday delivery to scotland) monday came and went so i was fully expecting it to arrive on tuesday. nope not a thing. so the fun began.

sent them an email on tuesday night and got a response same day. it apears they did not have my credit card security code (the 3 digits on the back) i thought how strange as the card was validated and accepted on there online store. how could i get it validated without this ???????. anyway by the time i got the email they were closed. so picked up the phone on wednesday (today) gave them a ring at 10ish could i speak with blahblahblah.. ohhhh they said she on hols till monday. but xxxxx can help ya. hes not arround can you phone back. ermmm im the customer you chase me. anyway phoned back at 12 still not around but he would leave a msg for xxxxx to phone me. phoned back at 1:30pm ohh sorry yada yada yada i wil lget him to phone you back today. well iv stil lnot heard back from them.

also they said in the reply email (first contact) that they tried home and work numbers and email address to get on contact but i never recieved an email my home phone logs all phoen numbers and it didnt have any new numbers. and if they phoned work they would have got me.

rant over

anyone els had this with them. as all i can see are good things about them on these forums :(

maybe im unlucky.

2. card monster

card monster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Lol, SO not what I wanted to hear. I ordered the 26" version from them on Sunday and haven't heard anything. I wasn't really concerned till I read your story of woe. Oh fudge it. Keep us updated won't you - I'm emailing them on Friday morning if there's no sign before then, and I'll be ringing on the Monday.

3. PaulGT

PaulGT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    26BD's are out of stock at the moment! They are due them this week though! I have been ringing to find out the latest!

4. card monster

card monster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Oh! Thanks for the update. :) I figured they would be, seeing as how everyone is out of stock.

5. scott1527

scott1527

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    update

been on phone all sorted out the le32r41bds are expected to be delivered today.

if delivered promptly it will be shipped out tonight and be with me tomorrow. however if the delivery comes near the end of the day i will have it on monday.

6. bignige

bignige

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    Ordered 32" samsung on Tuesday from Waratah, it arrived this morning at 8.45am.
    Their service (for me) is excellent.
    I did phone to order though, I find buying over the internet sometimes problematic.

7. smokedog

smokedog

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +326
    They are a very small company and things can sometimes go wrong. They are only human and you can't expect them to work round the clock to fulfill every order.

8. Smiffy 2

Smiffy 2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +194
    I'd keep Monday free then
    :smashin: :smashin: :smashin: :smashin: :smashin: :D

9. Jet_Set_Jim

Jet_Set_Jim

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    I disagree. The deal is that you give them money and they give you a tv. That's their function.

I'm sure that they would take immediate exception should a customer receive goods then cancel payment stating:

"I can't deliver you the money right now. I was promised some cash but it fell through... however I'm expecting a pay cheque in two weeks time. However please note that this cheque is limited in amount, and other stores also expect money from me, so you may have to wait a further month. In the meantime, I'll keep the tv. Expect to hear from me as and when".

If customers can't do this, why is it acceptable for stores to take this approach?

10. Yetti54

Yetti54

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

11. scott1527

scott1527

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    update

waratah just been on the phone.

tv will be with me tomorrow.

i take it all back if it turns up. :)

12. matt_p

matt_p

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
    :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: Quality stuff, and a point very well made!

13. scott1527

scott1527

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i take it all back. tv has arrived (around 10am). ill keep you uptodate when iv unpacked it and played about with it.

14. Chris White

Chris White

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i picked mine up form them and they have the best service ive come across. all i would reccomend is phone the shop rather than oprder it online. phone and ask if they have any befor ordering.

Chris.

15. soe

soe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I ordered my LE32R41BD on Tuesday from Waratah and arrived yesterday. Great service.

16. scott1527

scott1527

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    all unpacked and beeing used as i speak . tv looks nice. channels look good to me. works well with battlefield 2 :)

im very chuffed.

waratah did all they could for me and im thankful for that. im now a waratah groupy.

17. kam03

kam03

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I bought a Samsung 32" HDTV from them. When I placed the order they called me and confirmed the dispatch date. I got it the next day, opened the TV and tested it, wasnt very happy with the ghosting it had and 1 dead pixel. I called them up next day and they arranged a pickup (all covered by them) and refunded my money.

Waratah is the fastest responding company I have come across yet with excellent customer service, 10/10.

All they need to do is update their internet payment system, looks unprofessional.