War Of The Worlds SACD bargain!!!

Leaat23

Novice Member
Been to ASDA this afternoon and they have WOTW SACD for £6 or 2 special offer cd's for a tenner, absolute bargain I think:smashin: :smashin:

Garrett

Is thias the full version?

Leaat23

Novice Member
Yes, it is the full version digipak, with SACD and normal audio cd. I got this from ASDA a few months back and it cost me £12.99:eek: so £6 is dirt cheap.

per-Sony-fied

Novice Member
If that as I can only assume is the 5.1 SACD channel mix then no doubt about it, it is far superior to the CD mix. Worth every penny. Although I'd still prefer the ltd edition book/SACD set (which I have).

Leaat23

Novice Member
Yes it is the hybrid version(5.1 & stereo), only with a digipak:smashin: :smashin:

Garrett

Got it to day and now I have the job of peeling the £6 sticker off, looked like some one did it to one on the shelf and ripped the cover as there was no sticker on it but riped in the place where all the rest had it.:thumbsdow

Leaat23

Novice Member
Why do they use these super sticky lables, ever heard of easy peel???:thumbsdow :thumbsdow

Garrett

It came of OK just took a little patience; the damaged one could have been a toe rag swapping labels to a more expensive disc. Although the bar code would show up a discrepancy.

Have they altered the recording of it there seems to be more of a beat track on it than I remember from the vinyl original version?

per-Sony-fied

Novice Member
Garrett said:
Have they altered the recording of it there seems to be more of a beat track on it than I remember from the vinyl original version?
You'll find that latter recorded versions have had some modifications to the track mixes. I am not sure tho' whether the SACD digipak version has a latter recording. There's several mixes on the LTD edition fold out book edition.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Samsung HW-Q950T Soundbar Review, Filmmaker Mode, Disney+ $30 for Mulan, AV news and more
Top Bottom